2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

God damn.

We're going to be unable to bring in a top HC now. And we'll be somewhere between QB purgatory and just having crap QBs again. I thought we finally hit bottom hard enough that we'd have a decent shot at recovering. That dream is now in the hands of two men named Minshew and Trubisky, and it doesn't look good for us.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I’d love Fields at 2. Obvious it’s a bummer that we’re gonna miss out on Trevor but at the end of the day I’m confident Fields can become a great QB

Yesterday someone on this board said it the best, " the other QB's  in the draft are good  but Trevor Lawrance, plays at difference level"

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I’d love Fields at 2. Obvious it’s a bummer that we’re gonna miss out on Trevor but at the end of the day I’m confident Fields can become a great QB

I disagree. I don't know if he is even the second best QB in the draft. He looked pretyy bad the last 2 games. I would almost think that Trask or Wilson will be better than Fields. The problem is that NON of these guys are worth the number 2 pick. That pick HAS to be traded. 

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree. I don't know if he is even the second best QB in the draft. He looked pretyy bad the last 2 games. I would almost think that Trask or Wilson will be better than Fields. The problem is that NON of these guys are worth the number 2 pick. That pick HAS to be traded. 

Injured thumb the last two games.  If you aren't sold on any of the next QBs, slip back a spot with us, then trade the #3 for as QB hungry team.  

22 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd trade #2 to the Bengals. That's just a free pick if we're going QB anyways.

If we play our cards right.....grab an extra 3rd rounder from Cincy so they can make sure they get Sewell.  Then we drop down again with Miami to grab an extra 1st.

1(6)

1(21)

1(26)

2(2)

3(2)

3(3)

3(26)

Then depending on what JD thinks, support Sam with Chase or grab Wilson.

Here are a few of my thoughts 

Yes it does stink that we miss out on T Law, but I don't think we need a knee jerk reaction and grab Fields. I think Sam can still do really well. The key is getting a good HC with a great OC that can chamge a guy really fast. I'm not buying into the Sam is a broken QB. He NEVER had his top 2 WR let alone top 3 WR at the same time until 3/4 into the season. Then you add that new OL that had no time to jell becasue we had pretty much all new starters. Sam then missed several games as well. He is still only 23 years old and this is when most QB come out after being a red shirt senior. This kid was the youngest starting QB during week 1 when he just turned 21. The kid even said he wanted to be a Jet for life.

Sign Sam and give him the 5th year option. I would then trade the second pick to a team that wants Fields. I can see Wash, Panthers, Lions, Falcons, Bears and 49ers all making a run for that second pick. I like to trade with the Panthers. I think they will be picking arond 4 which is just right. You take the Panthers 1st this year and next along with a second this year and now you can really build with 3 first round picks in 2022. You take Chase at WR with that 4th pick. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yes it does stink that we miss out on T Law, but I don't think we need a knee jerk reaction and grab Fields. I think Sam can still do really well. The key is getting a good HC with a great OC that can chamge a guy really fast. I'm not buying into the Sam is a broken QB. He NEVER had his top 2 WR let alone top 3 WR at the same time until 3/4 into the season. Then you add that new OL that had no time to jell becasue we had pretty much all new starters. Sam then missed several games as well. He is still only 23 years old and this is when most QB come out after being a red shirt senior. This kid was the youngest starting QB during week 1 when he just turned 21. The kid even said he wanted to be a Jet for life.

Sign Sam and give him the 5th year option. I would then trade the second pick to a team that wants Fields. I can see Wash, Panthers, Lions, Falcons, Bears and 49ers all making a run for that second pick. I like to trade with the Panthers. I think they will be picking arond 4 which is just right. You take the Panthers 1st this year and next along with a second this year and now you can really build with 3 first round picks in 2022. You take Chase at WR with that 4th pick. 

Listen man, Jared Goff has possibly the best offensive mind in football working with him and still sucks. Sam is Sam, nothing and no one except Sam can change that. He's a 23 year old who sucks, he was a 22 year old who sucked and a 21 year old who was JUST 21 YEARS OLD. 

You dont build around a Quarterback who needs all of that to be successful. He'll likely be here but he's gotta earn it going forward, no more hand holding. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not opposed to that at all, the question is do we want more picks this year or next year?  If we are keeping Sam I would rather have the extra pick this year.  However, if a team like ATL wants to trade up I think that's a good gamble to take their future 1st.

Thuney, FA WR, Chase, Etienne and still have a shot at first round talent for pass rusher.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Listen man, Jared Goff has possibly the best offensive mind in football working with him and still sucks. Sam is Sam, nothing and no one except Sam can change that. He's a 23 year old who sucks, he was a 22 year old who sucked and a 21 year old who was JUST 21 YEARS OLD. 

You dont build around a Quarterback who needs all of that to be successful. He'll likely be here but he's gotta earn it going forward, no more hand holding. 

Hey we agree!!  In this day and age it's about the QB, not building up around the QB.  As much of a fan of Sanchez I was and we failed him(same thing with Sam we definitely failed him), we need a QB who doesn't need to be built around.  We need a damn QB!

Sam is not that QB and I don't want to wait around another year or two for that experiment to fail.