2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

10 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If there's any one who can loan against their future revenue to cover losses and keep players paid, it's the NFL. They are a behemoth. I would be that cities would be willing to provide the loans as they do with stadiums.

That is a very good point. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

No matter what happen to NFL's revenue of this year, the salary cap for 2021 can't be lower than 175m.  It will take a several years for NFL teams to recoup the complete loss.  Big contract can be done to certain players but not all of hot players as we have witnessed a several big contract extensions to be already done.  Mahomes and Watson have different kind of relationship with their own teams.  As long as they perform well on the field, both contracts are good.

Oh I did not know this. I thought the owners could go to the union and explain their loses and see if the union would lower the cap. I know the union would fight this but this is a total different thing we have never seen. This is why I think a common ground would be found. Maybe lower it for 1 or 2 years then jack it up high in like year 3 and 4. 

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Oh I did not know this. I thought the owners could go to the union and explain their loses and see if the union would lower the cap. I know the union would fight this but this is a total different thing we have never seen. This is why I think a common ground would be found. Maybe lower it for 1 or 2 years then jack it up high in like year 3 and 4. 

NFL and NFLPA reached to the agreement. 175m is the floor for 2021 salary cap and the exact number of the negative difference in that year will spread over next 3 years.  210m was projected for 2021 so you know the rest.

Some early predictions for the draft from me are this. We are drafting in the top 10.

I do think JD doesn't value WR enough to spend a top 10 pick on one. But what might be a very rough year for us at WR... that might change.

I also think Fant does good enough and we don't view OT as an immediate need.

I think we use that 1st on Rousseau if their at Edge. But he very well might not be there where we might draft Jamar Chase at WR.

Depending on how that 1st pick goes... we could go the opposite late in Round 1. Guys in that range are... Thomas and Oweh at Edge and Bateman and Waddle at WR.

Ideally for me we go Rousseau with our 1st and Waddle with SEA.

But a draft of Chase and Oweh I'd love just as much.