2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

I wonder  what all these coaches we looking at  when Darnold had his first year of workout with Jets, in training camp. All those early reports how great he looked and how terrific he looked when he was  passing on the run. And it has been the complete opposite . He is finishing his third year in the league with no real improvement. I don't know what it is but something is missing with him. He has the arm he has good size and can move, I have no idea why he is failing. He really has not had real NFL caliber players on the offensive roster to support him, but he had enough to show us some half way decent play. He can't ever pass for 200 yards a game.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

If we stay at #2 my dream draft will be shattered. We need to leverage #2 to several starters. There's about 9 starting positions which needs immediate upgrades to be competitive. 

Rb, TE, OG,OC,WR, DE,OLB,CB,S,

....that's not including QB, since I think those other 9 positions would holder greater long term value, especially if the jets can parlay #2 into a 1st, and 2nd+ and hopefully two or more meaningful starters

Edited by KodiakThunder

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Don’t think Waddle or Williams will make it to those spots

I’ve learned that where a player might go predraft and where they actually go are very different. If I would’ve mocked Mims to us where we drafted him last year. People would have eaten me alive. 

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve learned that where a player might go predraft and where they actually go are very different. If I would’ve mocked Mims to us where we drafted him last year. People would have eaten me alive. 

Facts. I thought Mims was going round 1 to Buffalo before they traded for Diggs. I was shook.

40 minutes ago, xrade said:

I forget the whole discussion we had on Mims, but I wonder if coming from Baylor caused him to drop. 

I think people did think he was just a product of a system at Baylor. But for me he proved that wrong in the pre draft process. Was beating guys in practices. Obviously did great at the combine. I think he was just a guy that slipped bc the WR class was stacked.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think people did think he was just a product of a system at Baylor. But for me he proved that wrong in the pre draft process. Was beating guys in practices. Obviously did great at the combine. I think he was just a guy that slipped bc the WR class was stacked.

13 receivers went between 12 and 59, if Green Bay goes WR like everyone though they would I wonder what happens to us.