2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This Urban Meyer to Jacksonville smoke looks super legit right now, never know. 

As for us and him, I still dont see it or feel it. But it is something I will support as I always do. 

Urban Meyer has 0 to do with Fields. He’s never coached him.

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He recruited him to tSOU, only reason he didn't coach him was because Meyer stepped down before the NCAA violations could affect the team. 

Pretty sure that’s not true. Meyer left at the very end of the 2018 season. Fields was still playing at Georgia then. By the time he wanted to transfer... Meyer was gone.

He might have recruited him out of high school. But that means nothing.

Every time I see Shaun Wade he gives too much cushion and is getting beat. Powell tossed him like a rag doll. For me, he is a day 3 pick.

This is why I do not like running or dual threat QB’s. They leave themselves open for injury. Maybe even career ending injury (Griffin). I prefer QB’s who will run when the yards are there and then slide before taking a beating. Fields is having a great game and I love his competitive nature, but he better learn to slide. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Pretty sure that’s not true. Meyer left at the very end of the 2018 season. Fields was still playing at Georgia then. By the time he wanted to transfer... Meyer was gone.

He might have recruited him out of high school. But that means nothing.

Yeah timeline matches up, a couple months apart between the two decisions. Still the connection is there regardless. However cant see Meyer, if he does get the job, passing on Lawrence.