2021 nfl mock draft thread

1 Penei Sewell, OT Oregon i wanted to do something a lil less convetional.  Sewell is probably the best LT to come out in a good while as he was in the Heisman Voting.  

17 Trey Lance, QB North Dakota State a true-daul threat QB that is built to play now and doesnt turn the ball over. the biggest knock i have at this time is his Inexperience(RS Sophmore come draft time)

33 Pat Freiermuth, TE Penn State getting Minshew/Lance a weapon to throw 2. 

65 Daniel Faalele, OT Minnesota im not sure how our OL is gonna play so i double uped on the beef and this dude reportedly is a earth shattering 6 foot 8 400 pound RT. i think he will need to cut some weight to work in the NFL but he should suffice at RG maybe?

97 B.J. Foster, S Texas he hasnt played safety at this point but hes been their NB. has some solid Size to play FS. 

113 Xavier Kelly, IDL Clemson highly recruited 5 star guy who transitioned to 3tech/NT for them. i think he would fit best in campbells old spot or 5tech if we are a 3-4 D.

129 Paddy Fisher, LB Northwestern plug and play MLB. has size to play ILB if we are 3-4 or 4-3.  needs a lil work on his coverage abilities tho.

161 Ben Petrula, IOL Boston College 325 pound Interior guy should slide into a Depth role i think. 

193 Feleipe Franks, QB Florida Cuz Caldwell loves taking a QB Late

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If we're picking 1, we're taking Lawrence and Minshew is demoted to backup. 

what if Minshew has good stats but our team just gets worked over like the OL playing bad wrs dropping balls defense giving up a zillion points. 

your telling me ud pick a QB at 1 if minshew betters his stats but our team as a whole does worse that we need to go say screw it were gonna take Lawrence instead of u know fixing the problem(s) on the team instead.   Caldwell is a Needs drafter personally i think  Lawrence, fields, and lance all have a similiar grade at this time to me so im gonna roll the dice if 1 falls i can grab the CLEAR cut Best LT in college and still have a fairly decent shot at getting a QB(we can always move up to take the QB if they start flying off the shelf or u know take a page of BB and stick to the board and move up and down as needed to get your guys. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

what if Minshew has good stats but our team just gets worked over like the OL playing bad wrs dropping balls defense giving up a zillion points. 

your telling me ud pick a QB at 1 if minshew betters his stats but our team as a whole does worse that we need to go say screw it were gonna take Lawrence instead of u know fixing the problem(s) on the team instead.   Caldwell is a Needs drafter personally i think  Lawrence, fields, and lance all have a similiar grade at this time to me so im gonna roll the dice if 1 falls i can grab the CLEAR cut Best LT in college and still have a fairly decent shot at getting a QB(we can always move up to take the QB if they start flying off the shelf or u know take a page of BB and stick to the board and move up and down as needed to get your guys. 

If we're picking 1st Minshew didn't play well.

You don't get solid QB play and pick 1st overall, regardless of the team around him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

If we're picking 1st Minshew didn't play well.

You don't get solid QB play and pick 1st overall, regardless of the team around him.

oh its very possibe to have solid QB play and pick 1. lot of hypotheticals to go on and on about but this is a MOCK Draft and theres certainly ways to have solid QB play and still pick 1. 

30 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

oh its very possibe to have solid QB play and pick 1. lot of hypotheticals to go on and on about but this is a MOCK Draft and theres certainly ways to have solid QB play and still pick 1. 

No...it's not.

Unless your definition of solid is well below average.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

When has a team been slotted at 1 had solid QB play by someone that wasnt recently drafted high that also didnt take a QB #1 when there was an obvious QB choice in the draft? Yea i know there’s alot of ifs but you dont take a QB #1 if you just drafted one the prior year(unless you’re Arizona), and you dont take a QB that high when Geno Smith is considered one of the best of his class

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When has a team been slotted at 1 had solid QB play by someone that wasnt recently drafted high that also didnt take a QB #1 when there was an obvious QB choice in the draft? Yea i know there’s alot of ifs but you dont take a QB #1 if you just drafted one the prior year(unless you’re Arizona), and you dont take a QB that high when Geno Smith is considered one of the best of his class

I know in 2018 the giants took Barkley over a qb even tho eli wasn't solid and he was old. 

How about 2017 when the jags picked fournette over mahomes\watson cuz bortles.

2016 browns traded out of 2 when their qb room consisted of manziel, pat davlin, austin Davis. 

32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Caldwell is a needs drafter.  He most likely doesn't view qb as a need.  

Yeah, if we're picking first overall he definitely won't view QB as a need....

5 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

IF WE'RE PICKING #1 IT MEANS THE RAMS DIDN'T DO WELL

WE PICKING #1 AND #32 NEXT YEAR

This is the right take.

If the Jags earn the 1st pick, then there is no way that I am not taking Trevor Lawrence.

I am Minshew’s biggest fan, but there is no way that I am passing over a generational talent like Lawrence. That guy could have us relevant for the next 15 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

If the Jags earn the 1st pick, then there is no way that I am not taking Trevor Lawrence.

I am Minshew’s biggest fan, but there is no way that I am passing over a generational talent like Lawrence. That guy could have us relevant for the next 15 years.

What if its the rams pick that ends up at 1. 

The oregon lt is a generational guy(the last ol to be in the heisman hunt was Orlando pace. 

I feel people use generational talent too much when theres always a qb thats generational in almost every other draft

1 Trevor Lawrence, QB

17 DeVonta Smith, WR starting wr

33 Tyler Shelvin, IDL hes a stud nt. Hamilton can play the 5tech or 3tech in the 3-4

65 Thayer Munford, OT hes the lt for ohio state. He should be abke to compete for lt with us

97 B.J. Foster, S fs/nb competition. Offers good size at nickle

113 Jake Ferguson, TE te competition

129 Kylin Hill, RB starting rb

161 Baron Browning, LB lb depth. Has good size and speed

193 Drew Himmelman, OT just wanted an ol depth pick.  Hes a smaller school guy but we signed a teamate of his in udfa.