2021 nfl mock draft thread

5 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Best case scenario is we get picks 1 and 2, trade Yann for another first rounder...

1.1 Trevor Lawrence QB

1.2 Penei Sewell OT

1.YannTrade Kyle Pitts TE

2.1 - Travis Etienne RB

Then we got 120M in cap space to play with. The Jags dynasty begins... Ok back to reality.

pass on a back. get a WR to pair with Chark and Viska ;)

7 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Best case scenario is we get picks 1 and 2, trade Yann for another first rounder...

1.1 Trevor Lawrence QB

1.2 Penei Sewell OT

1.YannTrade Kyle Pitts TE

2.1 - Travis Etienne RB

Then we got 120M in cap space to play with. The Jags dynasty begins... Ok back to reality.

I like what you're thinking...but there's no chance the Rams are that bad. Although I do love that the Cardinals got Nuke so hopefully they will be alot better too

Also, I'm thinking Yann isnt going for a 1st. At least when we traded Jalen he had 2 years left on his contract. Yann has 1, albeit WAY cheaper than Jalen's but how next deal will be huge

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get what you're thinking but our RB situation probably will be league worst once LF is gone

Armstead is decent. A rb in round 3/4 would be a better use then a rb that early plus i feel ettiene is overrated because he doesn't have good receiving skills. 

On 5/1/2020 at 2:43 AM, Tugboat said:

What about Herbert, exactly?

But i mean yeah...like i said, if a QB comes along and has a Burrow-like season, maybe Lawrence doesn't go #1 after all.  But it'll have to be a QB to knock him off that pedestal.  Or something unexpected and serious, like Tua and his injury.

Herbert was considered like 1b to tua's 1a. 

1 Trevor Lawrence, QB

17 Walker Little, OT starting lt

33 Brevin Jordan, TE pass-catching te

65 Rondale Moore, WR small playmaking wr

97 B.J. Foster, S starting fs/nb

113 Kylin Hill, RB starting rb

129 Paddy Fisher, LB lb depth.  Need 4 good ilbs in case of injuries. 

161 Jeremiah Moon, EDGE edge depth

193 Jordon Scott, IDL backup nt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Armstead is decent. A rb in round 3/4 would be a better use then a rb that early plus i feel ettiene is overrated because he doesn't have good receiving skills. 

Decent is a stretch albeit a small sample size. 35 carries and 108 yards doesnt make me think RB is in a decent spot

37 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Decent is a stretch albeit a small sample size. 35 carries and 108 yards doesnt make me think RB is in a decent spot

Hard to get a groove or feel if u get stray carry here stary carry there.  Hes a volume guy. 

Also hard to say if he is or isn't but we do know the jags had to have faith in him after not bringing any competition for him minus a pass catching back(which armstead isnt a good pass catcher anyways)

Armstead i feel could do a solid job in an early down back.  I just feel u dont have to invest much in a back when its a passing league.  A back who can do all 3 is nice but i personally don't see rb being a good value over a wr because 1) all though fournette is set to be a fa we do have a guy who can atleast be average at the early down guy. 2) if u look at wr: Cole, Dede, Conley are all scheduled free agents and while we did add collin Johnson im considering him as a wr 4 at best.  Depending where u want to line viska at u either need another outside wr or a slot wr. 

Edited by LinderFournette

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Hard to get a groove or feel if u get stray carry here stary carry there.  Hes a volume guy. 

Also hard to say if he is or isn't but we do know the jags had to have faith in him after not bringing any competition for him minus a pass catching back(which armstead isnt a good pass catcher anyways)

Armstead i feel could do a solid job in an early down back.  I just feel u dont have to invest much in a back when its a passing league.  A back who can do all 3 is nice but i personally don't see rb being a good value over a wr because 1) all though fournette is set to be a fa we do have a guy who can atleast be average at the early down guy. 2) if u look at wr: Cole, Dede, Conley are all scheduled free agents and while we did add collin Johnson im considering him as a wr 4 at best.  Depending where u want to line viska at u either need another outside wr or a slot wr. 

I agree with that to a point and have expressed frustration that some teams dont invest 1st rounders and still get Top-10 caliber RBs but once again if the narrative is that we are picking 1st, especially if LF is going to be traded, that probably means that Armstead didnt show much promise either. Considering his cost and tools aren't that great it wouldn't surprise me at all if they replaced him as the lead back in the 2021 draft

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with that to a point and have expressed frustration that some teams dont invest 1st rounders and still get Top-10 caliber RBs but once again if the narrative is that we are picking 1st, especially if LF is going to be traded, that probably means that Armstead didnt show much promise either. Considering his cost and tools aren't that great it wouldn't surprise me at all if they replaced him as the lead back in the 2021 draft

Armstead has a big cost?  dude was a 5th round pick on a ROOKIE CONTRACT.   his Skillset is Similiar to a Jordan Howard who just got paid by the dolphins.   with the way Gruden Uses back out in  both CINCI and WASHINGTON and CINCI used a 2nd his Last year there on a RB named Giovanni Bernard and he was used as a 1b to BenJarvus Green-ellis 1A(2 touches difference between the 2).  in 2015 the bengals drafted Matt Jones in the 3rd and used him in a rotation with Alfred Morris.  the next season Big Rob Kelly hopped up as an UDFA rookie and seized the job after Matt Jones got injured. by 2017 Matt Jones was off the redskins and they drafted Samaje Perine in the 4th.  in 2018 they drafted Derius Guice to be their starting rb but he got hurt in preason and they ended up running AP as a lead back with thompson as the pass-catching back.  in 2019 they drafted Bryce Love in the 4th and redshirted him essentially and Guice was the 2nd fiddle for the few games he was healthy. 

IF Gruden stays Next year i dont see us taking a back high cuz he has seen u get just as much production from an UDFA like Kelly then a Guy like Matt jones or guice.   Gruden Loves the Committe approach as RB and a Comittee back to me is not worth  Higher choice then a 3rd or 4th . 

20 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didn’t say he cost alot, moreso given his cost the team wont think twice about replacing him

Gruden seems to prefer a comittee and i dont think you need to spend a premium pick on a guy whos position has a real limited shelf-life especially when using the comittee approach. 

Edited by LinderFournette

1 Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson franchise qb

17 Jaylen Twyman, IDL Pittsburgh 10.5 sacks as IDL sign me up.   i dont care if hes not big or long.  dude brings it all day. 

33 Jackson Carman, OT Clemson Nasty LT

65 Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State  i dont think he falls here but he did in the sim so replacment for fournette

97 Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa State Pass-catching TE.   

113 Ar'Darius Washington, S TCU the only knock i see so far is hissize cuz man hes small but he also is a playmaker and good instincts like honey badger.

129 Warren Jackson, WR Colorado State tall wr who PFF love and was ranked 2nd in tight coverage only behind chase

161 Baron Browning, LB Ohio State solid built LB who ran a 4.58 electronic in high school. im drafting him for upside and STs. 

193 Trey Sermon, RB Ohio State a potential 3 down back who is a punishing blocker

• 3 weeks later...

1 Penei Sewell, OT franchise lt

17 Trey Lance, QB developmental starter.  A raw dual-threat

33 Jackson Carman, OT Clemson wether he plays g or t we need good OL. 

I like a sewell-bartch/carman-linder-bartch/carman-Taylor ol

65 Tamorrion Terry, WR FSU starting wr

97 Chazz Surratt, LB north Carolina highly athletic lber. 

113 Jordan Williams, IDL Clemson solid idl.  

129 C.J. Verdell, RB Oregon rb competition

161 Trevon Moehrig, S TCU safety competion

193 Dylan Soehner, TE Iowa State a 6 foot 7 270 pound.  Former hs wr so has some plus athleticism.