2021 nfl mock draft thread

42 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Still doing this we’re the worst team in the league but not drafting Lawrence i see

If our offense is so good that we pass on Lawrence then our defense has got to be all time bad and if thats the case there’s no way we dont take the best defensive talent available 

The simulator has us at 1. I think we pick 3 or 4 unless our units both improve and based on how we drafted mostly defense this past draft i think we would go more offensive in this 1. 

Lawrence-fields-lance all have similiar grades so far.  If i can grab the best lt prospect in a long time and then get a very good qb prospect we will be better then having drafted lawrence and say cosmi from Texas. 

• 2 months later...

1 Trevor Lawrence, QB

11 Jaylen Twyman, IDL starting 3tech.  An inside disruptor. A lil undersized(6 foot 2 290 listed) but has production

33 Jackson Carman, OT starting lt

65 Jevon Holland, S starting fs

96 Kylin Hill, RB starting rb

106 Ambry Thomas, CB cb competition

128 Jake Ferguson, TE te competition

160 Jeremiah Moon, EDGE edge rushing depth

192 Dez Fitzpatrick, WR wr competition

1 Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson

11 Wyatt Davis, IOL Ohio State starting g

33 Jackson Carman, OT Clemson starting lt

65 Brevin Jordan, TE Miami(fl) starting te

96 Trevon Moehrig, S TCU starting fs

106 Dazz Newsome, WR North Carolina Slot WR

128 Mohamed Ibrahim, RB Minnesota potential starting rb

160 Lorenzo Neal, IDL Purdue penetrating DT with nfl Bloodlines(dad was the fb same name)

192 Patrick Johnson, EDGE Tulane high motor guy whos seen time at edge, off-ball LB, and IDL.  Profiles to me as an edge/lb. 

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Same thing we did with Bortles, if you're going to invest in a QB that high, give him every chance to succeed so I like the idea of grabbing OL help and a few weapons too.

Well cam robinson is a fa to be.  His play this far hasnt been good. 

The only reason i put lawrence there is cuz everyone bitched when i didn't

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We did...because when you pick #1 overall you draft the obvious franchise QB when 1 is available to be taken

And should u take a franchise qb when u have a Young franchise qb on the roster? Minshew was the best rookie qb last year and the only reason people dont consider him a franchise qb is cuz he was a 6th round choice but tom brady was also a 6th rounder.

Tom brady in his 1st year of starts(2001)

63.9% completion percentage 2843 yards 18tds 12ints 6.4 adjusted yards per attempt 3 4th quarter comebacks 3 game winning drives 12av.

Minshew

60.9% completion percents 3271 yards 21tds 6ints 7.3 adjusted yards 3 4th quarter comebacks 3 game winning drives 10av. 

Outside the completion percentage minshew was as good as brady.  Supporting cast wise im leaning patriots because their rbs were better then ours and TE i feel was a push. 

59 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Thats 2 much effort when u use a simulator

3 Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson

11 Wyatt Davis, IOL Ohio State starting g

35 Jackson Carman, OT Clemson starting lt

67 Brevin Jordan, TE Miami(fl) starting te

98 Trevon Moehrig, S TCU starting fs

107 Dazz Newsome, WR North Carolina Slot WR

130 Mohamed Ibrahim, RB Minnesota potential starting rb

162 Lorenzo Neal, IDL Purdue penetrating DT with nfl Bloodlines(dad was the fb same name)

that wasn’t hard 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

And should u take a franchise qb when u have a Young franchise qb on the roster? Minshew was the best rookie qb last year and the only reason people dont consider him a franchise qb is cuz he was a 6th round choice but tom brady was also a 6th rounder.

Tom brady in his 1st year of starts(2001)

63.9% completion percentage 2843 yards 18tds 12ints 6.4 adjusted yards per attempt 3 4th quarter comebacks 3 game winning drives 12av.

Minshew

60.9% completion percents 3271 yards 21tds 6ints 7.3 adjusted yards 3 4th quarter comebacks 3 game winning drives 10av. 

Outside the completion percentage minshew was as good as brady.  Supporting cast wise im leaning patriots because their rbs were better then ours and TE i feel was a push. 

If we're picking 1st overall in 2021 Minshew is definitely not the guy.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If we're picking 1st overall in 2021 Minshew is definitely not the guy.

1) its a team game so wins and losses are a team effort. We could end up pick 1 but he proves he is but as we all know our offense lacks viable playmakers outside chark, fournette, and viska not to mention our below average OL.

Now to describe our defense. 

Safeties are average. 

Cb is fairly unproven.

Lb should be a decent strength.

edge it depends if ngakoue plays but we have 1 semi-proven passrusher and a high-upside project.

DL. We added 2 new talents to the line and 1 opted out and the other was a 1 year starter in college.  To me our run defense hasn't improved much outside of better lb play

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

1) its a team game so wins and losses are a team effort. We could end up pick 1 but he proves he is but as we all know our offense lacks viable playmakers outside chark, fournette, and viska not to mention our below average OL.

Now to describe our defense. 

Safeties are average. 

Cb is fairly unproven.

Lb should be a decent strength.

edge it depends if ngakoue plays but we have 1 semi-proven passrusher and a high-upside project.

DL. We added 2 new talents to the line and 1 opted out and the other was a 1 year starter in college.  To me our run defense hasn't improved much outside of better lb play

Solid QB play alone is getting you several wins. You can have deficiencies all over, but if we're picking 1st overall the QB play didn't elevate those around them and play well enough. 

If we're picking 1st overall, it'll be a QB. Mark my words.