2021 nfl mock draft thread

Gotta say, I know it was just one game but I'm kind of out on this year. Unless Gardner is mostly what we saw the first couple weeks the rest of the way I may be more on the team of getting a higher pick.

I'll still be rooting for them when the game comes on...but man that Thursday game was about the most "because Jaguars" a game could get. Felt like it was just different the first couple weeks but to have a letdown like that against a super meh Dolphins team on primetime just took all the wind out of my sails. I'm much more for a complete fresh start in as many ways possible than I am continuing down our path at this point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta say, I know it was just one game but I'm kind of out on this year. Unless Gardner is mostly what we saw the first couple weeks the rest of the way I may be more on the team of getting a higher pick.

I'll still be rooting for them when the game comes on...but man that Thursday game was about the most "because Jaguars" a game could get. Felt like it was just different the first couple weeks but to have a letdown like that against a super meh Dolphins team on primetime just took all the wind out of my sails. I'm much more for a complete fresh start in as many ways possible than I am continuing down our path at this point.

And unless we pick at 1 or lawrence falls to us(unlikely i know) no qb would be a day 1 starter. 

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

And unless we pick at 1 or lawrence falls to us(unlikely i know) no qb would be a day 1 starter. 

Which is fine with Minshew. He isn't going anywhere (deservedly so) even if we do draft someone.

He's a high level backup at worst while still having an outside chance of being a long term guy. Guys like Fields/Lance, and as the season goes potentially others (loved what I saw from Costello) could be in the fold.

Whoever has 1st overall outside of CIN would jump at Lawrence. The likelihood we were ever going to get that was low. This is a bad/young team, but it still had much more talent/better coaching than at our worst and we've never sniffed 1st overall.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Which is fine with Minshew. He isn't going anywhere (deservedly so) even if we do draft someone.

He's a high level backup at worst while still having an outside chance of being a long term guy. Guys like Fields/Lance, and as the season goes potentially others (loved what I saw from Costello) could be in the fold.

Whoever has 1st overall outside of CIN would jump at Lawrence. The likelihood we were ever going to get that was low. This is a bad/young team, but it still had much more talent/better coaching than at our worst and we've never sniffed 1st overall.

If im cincy im taking lawrence and trading burrows.  Lawrence is a better prospect. 

Im just not seeing a reason to take any qb outside lawrence unless minshew just completely implodes. Luton was reportedly looking good in camp and was looking at being a high upside backup qb. 

Furthermore our defense has looked like a flaming bag of dog 💩 and the best way to do that is to either draft or ur gonna be paying for it(like last time). 

Id say we should look for a TE, WR, rb(more of a committee back with a different skill set then Robinson), and an ol or 2.

We must find an interior pass rusher(im not gonna try to predict schemes and such), a cb2 and slot corner, and a safety or 2 wouldnt be bad(we dont get enough turnovers from there). Another edge rusher would be nice to rotate in. 

14 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

If im cincy im taking lawrence and trading burrows.  Lawrence is a better prospect. 

Im just not seeing a reason to take any qb outside lawrence unless minshew just completely implodes. Luton was reportedly looking good in camp and was looking at being a high upside backup qb. 

If you don't have a legit franchise guy it always has to be on the table if there's sufficient talent when your picking.

People didn't see it with Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, etc. who fell to the 10's/20's either, or at least had their reservations/questions. Don't care to have another situation like that (where we pass on one) unless Minshew clearly shows he's on that trajectory. First two games were good. This past one was not. We'll see how the next 13 go.

Luton has zero impact on what we do one way or another.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If you don't have a legit franchise guy it always has to be on the table if there's sufficient talent when your picking.

People didn't see it with Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, etc. who fell to the 10's/20's either, or at least had their reservations/questions. Don't care to have another situation like that (where we pass on one) unless Minshew clearly shows he's on that trajectory. First two games were good. This past one was not. We'll see how the next 13 go.

Luton has zero impact on what we do one way or another.

Minshew hasnt been the problem with the offense. Problem lies with we can't sustain drives once we get a penalty like holding. 

I also think this season can technically be called a wash for offense with limited game snaps due to our 💩 of a defense. 

Minshew is 17th of all qbs in pff ranking not using the snaps played.  A few guys ahead of him are guys who've rarely played like jalen hurts or ryan Finley. 

15th is good. 

If minshew was a 1st round pick we wouldnt even be considering going qb. 

Edited by LinderFournette

6. Caleb Farley CB, Virginia tech starting cb

18. Shaun Wade CB, Ohio State slot corner 

38. Paris Ford S, Pittsburgh starting ss

43. Caden Sterns S, Texas starting fs

70. Walker Little OT, Stanford starting LT

101. Tre' McKitty TE, Georgia starting te of future

113. Cory Durden IDL, FSU 3tech

133. Liam Eichenberg OT, Notre Dame t/g competition

144. Victor Dimukeje EDGE, Duke edge depth

165. Kadarius Toney WR, Florida playmaking wr who breaks tackles

197. Ben Petrula OT, Boston College ol depth

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Minshew hasnt been the problem with the offense. Problem lies with we can't sustain drives once we get a penalty like holding. 

I also think this season can technically be called a wash for offense with limited game snaps due to our 💩 of a defense. 

Minshew is 17th of all qbs in pff ranking not using the snaps played.  A few guys ahead of him are guys who've rarely played like jalen hurts or ryan Finley. 

15th is good. 

If minshew was a 1st round pick we wouldnt even be considering going qb. 

There's literally 13 games left in the season. You're using a 3 game sample size as your argument for a draft in April.

No one is saying one way or another on him yet but if there's a lot of ups and downs and we're in position to draft a guy that we think can be a franchise guy it'd be stupid to pass. We did that after 2016/2017 with Bortles. We did that last year with Foles. Not here for passing on a QB unless Minshew shows he's clearly the long term answer. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

There's literally 13 games left in the season. You're using a 3 game sample size as your argument for a draft in April.

No one is saying one way or another on him yet but if there's a lot of ups and downs and we're in position to draft a guy that we think can be a franchise guy it'd be stupid to pass. We did that after 2016/2017 with Bortles. We did that last year with Foles. Not here for passing on a QB unless Minshew shows he's clearly the long term answer. 

So were using bortles as a reason to pass on helping our weakest spot on the roster. 

Bortles wishs he was as accurate as minshew. U notice how we dont get as many ints now?  Im not saying minshew is or isn't the man but based on the stats minshews upped his completion percentage and td % and increased his yards per attempt.  The only 2 things hes done worse at this point is sack % and int % and 1 of those ints was cuz collin johnson tried catching a ball that wasn't intended to him and the pass tipped of his hands lol. 

Take a few less sacks and the net yards per attempt increase.

Then u also factor in not having your clear best wr(chark) and your other starter(Conley) playing arguebly his worst game in our uniform. 

I know your upset cuz we lost to the dolphins handily but the planet's/stars weren't aligned for us and any given sunday any team can be embaressed like we got. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

So were using bortles as a reason to pass on helping our weakest spot on the roster. 

Bortles wishs he was as accurate as minshew. U notice how we dont get as many ints now?  Im not saying minshew is or isn't the man but based on the stats minshews upped his completion percentage and td % and increased his yards per attempt.  The only 2 things hes done worse at this point is sack % and int % and 1 of those ints was cuz collin johnson tried catching a ball that wasn't intended to him and the pass tipped of his hands lol. 

Take a few less sacks and the net yards per attempt increase.

Then u also factor in not having your clear best wr(chark) and your other starter(Conley) playing arguebly his worst game in our uniform. 

I know your upset cuz we lost to the dolphins handily but the planet's/stars weren't aligned for us and any given sunday any team can be embaressed like we got. 

I'm not comparing Minshew as a player to Bortles. I'd say it's pretty obvious Minshew is better.

Point is, if we don't know for a fact Minshew is the guy and we are in a position to get "the guy" in April, then I am all for it. Has nothing to do with the Miami game. I said at the beginning of the year I'm behind Minshew and hope he's the guy. I've argued for him all over this forum. Doesn't mean I'm going to blindly continue on with him if it looks like he's more of a fringe starter/high end backup once this season ends and pass on a QB prospect that has franchise altering potential like a Fields, Lance, etc. may have if they're available for us. Hopefully we know by seasons end he's more than that.

We've passed on getting a QB to "build the team up elsewhere in weak spots" since 2014, which was the whole point of my post. Where do we sit right now? To get anywhere in today's NFL you need a franchise QB or either going to be bad or have flukey runs like ours in 2017 that wasn't sustainable. If Minshew doesn't show us he's definitely that by the end of December than I'd rather draft a QB if there's a franchise caliber one sitting there.

As for Lamar, what's your point? That's what good coaching looks like. You bring in an offensive mind that can build an offense around your QB to fit his play style and allow for success. Who the hell cares if it's prototypical or not. They're one of the best offenses in football and he's the reason for it.

18 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not comparing Minshew as a player to Bortles. I'd say it's pretty obvious Minshew is better.

Point is, if we don't know for a fact Minshew is the guy and we are in a position to get "the guy" in April, then I am all for it. Has nothing to do with the Miami game. I said at the beginning of the year I'm behind Minshew and hope he's the guy. I've argued for him all over this forum. Doesn't mean I'm going to blindly continue on with him if it looks like he's more of a fringe starter/high end backup once this season ends and pass on a QB prospect that has franchise altering potential like a Fields, Lance, etc. may have if they're available for us. Hopefully we know by seasons end he's more than that.

We've passed on getting a QB to "build the team up elsewhere in weak spots" since 2014, which was the whole point of my post. Where do we sit right now? To get anywhere in today's NFL you need a franchise QB or either going to be bad or have flukey runs like ours in 2017 that wasn't sustainable. If Minshew doesn't show us he's definitely that by the end of December than I'd rather draft a QB if there's a franchise caliber one sitting there.

As for Lamar, what's your point? That's what good coaching looks like. You bring in an offensive mind that can build an offense around your QB to fit his play style and allow for success. Who the hell cares if it's prototypical or not. They're one of the best offenses in football and he's the reason for it.

Gruden whos likely our next HC likes minshew.  GM seems to trust him.   Khan likes him cuz fans be buying the minshew stuff. 

Whos to say fields and lance are "franchise" qbs? They both can be a Josh Rosen. 

With the lack of film for Lance(he plays 1 game this year on saturday) hes gonna be a longer term sit prospect with 1 year of starts.  

Fields is pretty meh to me especially since Haskins put up similiar numbers passing and he hasn't panned out yet.