2021 nfl mock draft thread

46 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Fields is pretty meh to me especially since Haskins put up similiar numbers passing and he hasn't panned out yet. 

The hype for Fields isn't the numbers, though. It's that he's shown high level processing speed, the anticipation to see windows before they open, and accuracy and the ability to make stick throws. He's a good runner, and throws well on the move. He's a rhythm passer who maybe the biggest concern going forward is how he's going to do in the NFL with an OL that doesn't protect him to get into rhythm. Haskins was more about projection of his talent development and flashy traits, whereas Fields has a floor where if most things go wrong, he's still a top 32 QB in the league. So comparing Haskins to Fields on numbers is a little weird. Haskins has issues that if not developed, he can be just downright dreadful. Fields seems like the type of guy who if he doesn't develop is a Teddy in Minnesota type player (albeit with much better mobility, but a lesser arm). That floor isn't going to be good enough to make it long term, but it's significantly different from Haskins or Rosen.

• Like 1

7. Gregory Rousseau EDGE, Miami(FL) edge rushing help. Kinda bpa as well.

18. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama 3tech

39. Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota big mountainous man who should be a solid LT or guard

43. Caden Sterns S,  Texas starting fs

71. T.J. Carter CB, Memphis good speed, good hips, good not great size, and tackles in run support.  Competition for cb2

102. Reed Blankenship S, mtsu covers a ton of ground. Id imagine hed fill ss for us. Some durability problems

113. Tre' McKitty TE, Georgia future starting te?

134. Chatarius Atwell WR, Louisville speedy playmaking wr. Undersized

143. Javian Hawkins RB, Louisville speed change of pace rb

166. Jarrett Patterson IOL, Notre Dame starts at center but didn't play well there(snaps and communication issues) so im going guard. 

198. Kadarius Toney ATH, Florida line him up at rb, wr,wildcat qb and let him go to work. Needs work on catching. Put him as a potential returner as well

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

The hype for Fields isn't the numbers, though. It's that he's shown high level processing speed, the anticipation to see windows before they open, and accuracy and the ability to make stick throws. He's a good runner, and throws well on the move. He's a rhythm passer who maybe the biggest concern going forward is how he's going to do in the NFL with an OL that doesn't protect him to get into rhythm. Haskins was more about projection of his talent development and flashy traits, whereas Fields has a floor where if most things go wrong, he's still a top 32 QB in the league. So comparing Haskins to Fields on numbers is a little weird. Haskins has issues that if not developed, he can be just downright dreadful. Fields seems like the type of guy who if he doesn't develop is a Teddy in Minnesota type player (albeit with much better mobility, but a lesser arm). That floor isn't going to be good enough to make it long term, but it's significantly different from Haskins or Rosen.

Im just saying neither of those 2 qb prospects are without a doubt franchise qbs.   The only true franchise guy i see is lawrence and then u got a couple of traits guys that could hit but could bust.  I just don't buy picking a qb that isn't finished when its clear as day we have bigger pressing needs then a qb like almost an entire defense. 

32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Im just saying neither of those 2 qb prospects are without a doubt franchise qbs.   The only true franchise guy i see is lawrence and then u got a couple of traits guys that could hit but could bust.  I just don't buy picking a qb that isn't finished when its clear as day we have bigger pressing needs then a qb like almost an entire defense. 

So we’re never drafting a quarterback, huh? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Gruden whos likely our next HC likes minshew.  GM seems to trust him.   Khan likes him cuz fans be buying the minshew stuff. 

Whos to say fields and lance are "franchise" qbs? They both can be a Josh Rosen. 

With the lack of film for Lance(he plays 1 game this year on saturday) hes gonna be a longer term sit prospect with 1 year of starts.  

Fields is pretty meh to me especially since Haskins put up similiar numbers passing and he hasn't panned out yet. 

Not going to touch that Gruden comment.

As for the QB talk, I never said they were definite franchise guys. No one is (even Lawrence as hyped/good of prospect as he is). We'll never be drafting one if that's the criteria. Point is they provide the possibility of being one (or at least as where we currently sit prior to more game footage). Obviously plenty of guys will move up and down by the time the draft gets here.

I’m also curious who these without a doubt no concerns at all franchise QBs are. Because Andrew Luck was widely viewed as the best prospect since Peyton Manning and he had to retire because of recurring injuries. Then after Luck, within the last decade or so you legitimately have a choice between Sam Bradford, Jameis Winston, Matt Stafford and RG3 as the *best prospects*.

Eventually, you have to stop hoping for the perfect prospect to come along and take the one you trust is going to be that guy. And maybe you end up taking Blake Bortles or Marcus Mariota or Sam Darnold, but maybe you end up taking a guy who reshapes the franchise like Mahomes, Lamar, or Russ. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pwny said:

I’m also curious who these without a doubt no concerns at all franchise QBs are. Because Andrew Luck was widely viewed as the best prospect since Peyton Manning and he had to retire because of recurring injuries. Then after Luck, within the last decade or so you legitimately have a choice between Sam Bradford, Jameis Winston, Matt Stafford and RG3 as the *best prospects*.

Eventually, you have to stop hoping for the perfect prospect to come along and take the one you trust is going to be that guy. And maybe you end up taking Blake Bortles or Marcus Mariota or Sam Darnold, but maybe you end up taking a guy who reshapes the franchise like Mahomes, Lamar, or Russ. 

And if u have a young starting caliber qb(minshew is both) you dont need to take a qb round 1 just cuz they could be a potential franchise qb when its clear as day this team has much bigger problems then a starting qb. 

Lets look at the lack of sacks and pressure with just sending 4 , the lack of ability to get off the field on 3rd down(we allow teams to convert on 3rd and 4th down 50% of the time which is good enough for 28th for 3rd and 14th for 4th down) and the lack of creating turnovers. 

And if u have a young starting caliber qb(minshew is both) you dont need to take a qb round 1 just cuz they could be a potential franchise qb when its clear as day this team has much bigger problems then a starting qb. 

I wholly disagree on this. You don’t ever pass on an opportunity to get franchise QB simply because you have a guy who can start. Franchise QBs are the greatest equalizer in the entirety of sports, and there’s never a bigger need for any team than finding the guy.

If Minshew shows throughout the season that he legitimately can be a franchise changing guy, then sure don’t draft a QB just to draft one.

Lets look at the lack of sacks and pressure with just sending 4 , the lack of ability to get off the field on 3rd down(we allow teams to convert on 3rd and 4th down 50% of the time which is good enough for 28th for 3rd and 14th for 4th down) and the lack of creating turnovers. 

Lmao. Two months ago, you were championing that we should get rid of Yan and that it would be for the best because we drafted two first round pass rushers so there’s no need for him, and now the very first thing you bring up as a pressing need that we need to spend high draft picks on is a pass rusher, and the third thing you bring up is creating turnovers both of which Yan was elite at. Oh how the turntables. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pwny said:

I wholly disagree on this. You don’t ever pass on an opportunity to get franchise QB simply because you have a guy who can start. Franchise QBs are the greatest equalizer in the entirety of sports, and there’s never a bigger need for any team than finding the guy.

If Minshew shows throughout the season that he legitimately can be a franchise changing guy, then sure don’t draft a QB just to draft one.

Lmao. Two months ago, you were championing that we should get rid of Yan and that it would be for the best because we drafted two first round pass rushers so there’s no need for him, and now the very first thing you bring up as a pressing need that we need to spend high draft picks on is a pass rusher, and the third thing you bring up is creating turnovers both of which Yan was elite at. Oh how the turntables. 

Im saying either we need to draft a couple of rushers or u know get rid of dumbo wash.  

Regardless it was pretty well known yan wasn't gonna sign and suit up for us so it was either trade him or ur gonna look like an *** to prospective free agents and if we are being honest we should have traded him before this past draft. 

Also if u want to have more fun u can go yell at the beat writers for claiming bryan was tearing it up in camp but come games 💩💩💩💩

Edited by LinderFournette

7. Justin Fields QB, ohio State not a big fan of him but i didn't like the choices if value so qb i go

18. Shaun Wade CB, Ohio State should be a good starting cb and at worse hes your starting nb. 

39. Caden Sterns S, texas pkaymaking fs

43. Jaylen Twyman IDL, Pittsburgh proven interior pass rusher. Had 10 sacks last season. 

71. Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern wether hes long enough to play ot or not remains to be seen but he did shutdown chase young last year.

102. Tre' McKitty TE, Georgia future starting te

113. Tamorrion Terry WR, fsu big wr who is a big play threat. Has suffered from bad qb play. 

134. Victor Dimukeje EDGE, Duke one of the nation's better pass rushers statistically this year 

143. Javian Hawkins RB, Louisville speedy runner to complement robinsons power

166. Landon Dickerson OT, Alabama oline depth. Has played g and c at fsu

198. Kadarius Toney WR, Florida more of an athlete then wr. Put the ball in his hands and he will break tackles.  

On 9/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, LinderFournette said:

Furthermore our defense has looked like a flaming bag of dog 💩 and the best way to do that is to either draft or ur gonna be paying for it(like last time). 

Id say we should look for a TE, WR, rb(more of a committee back with a different skill set then Robinson), and an ol or 2.

We must find an interior pass rusher(im not gonna try to predict schemes and such), a cb2 and slot corner, and a safety or 2 wouldnt be bad(we dont get enough turnovers from there). Another edge rusher would be nice to rotate in. 

I think you have to be careful in looking at what Robinson has done, and consider that in the context of being in a Jay Gruden offense.  It's a bit like evaluating RBs in a Shanahan scheme, where it can be pretty misleading about their real ability long-term, in other schemes.

At some point, we're going to lose Jay Gruden as an OC.  He's either going to be a HC again here, or somewhere else.  So you can't really bank on a guy who is excelling in a small sample size here, in this particular scheme...necessarily being a stud in other offenses.

28 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I think you have to be careful in looking at what Robinson has done, and consider that in the context of being in a Jay Gruden offense.  It's a bit like evaluating RBs in a Shanahan scheme, where it can be pretty misleading about their real ability long-term, in other schemes.

At some point, we're going to lose Jay Gruden as an OC.  He's either going to be a HC again here, or somewhere else.  So you can't really bank on a guy who is excelling in a small sample size here, in this particular scheme...necessarily being a stud in other offenses.

It's not really about the production but rather the game tape with Robinson though. I'd say it's fairly easy to see, despite a small sample, he's different.

His vision and burst are "special". If he gets put in a terrible situation with an incompetent OC is he going to continue great production? Of course not. But that goes for just about every RB (but largely any player). 

He has things that will hold him back like his long distance speed (I don't forsee many if any 95 yard runs), but the guy has it.

Trey Lance officially declared.

Big tools, but there's questions. Kind of reminds me of Josh Allen coming out. Not the same arm (still very good though), but a better runner.

Right now it seems like he, along with Lawrence and Fields, are the only high end/top 10 type QBs in the draft. We'll see how things change as the college season goes on.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

A rb who has vision and biggest knock is top-end speed wont work in any scheme.  

Robinson seems to thrive with any north-south run and struggles with the east-west runs.  Id say its easy to put him in a role he can succeed at in any offense.  At worse robinson can be a short-yardage/goaline back.