LinderFournette

2021 nfl mock draft thread

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

What if its the rams pick that ends up at 1. 

The oregon lt is a generational guy(the last ol to be in the heisman hunt was Orlando pace. 

I feel people use generational talent too much when theres always a qb thats generational in almost every other draft

If it’s the Rams pick and Minshew played really well then I would probably go with Penei.

It’d he tough though as I feel Trevor Lawrence is in the Elway/Manning/Luck tier. I’d hate myself if I passed on that and he dominated the league for the next 15 years.

6 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

If it’s the Rams pick and Minshew played really well then I would probably go with Penei.

It’d he tough though as I feel Trevor Lawrence is in the Elway/Manning/Luck tier. I’d hate myself if I passed on that and he dominated the league for the next 15 years.

Whos to say hes not a benefit of the supporting cast. Just look at Clemson wrs since hes been there. 

Tbh tho a completion% is pretty good ud think it would be higher cuz of that wr talent and the ol talent. 

I probably should watch some of trey lance cuz he hes got good numbers....67 completion percentage, 0 ints 28tds, 9.2 yards per attempt, 12 sacks, 1100 rushing yards.

At this stage, there is absolutely no justification for Lawrence not going #1. None.

If you want to mock us someone else, that’s fine. But if you want to retain any sense of reality as we currently know it, you should either mock the pick being traded or us at a different slot. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I know in 2018 the giants took Barkley over a qb even tho eli wasn't solid and he was old. 

How about 2017 when the jags picked fournette over mahomes\watson cuz bortles.

2016 browns traded out of 2 when their qb room consisted of manziel, pat davlin, austin Davis. 

So first off, none of the QBs the Giants passed on could hold a candle to the prospect that Lawrence is. But you mentioning them did fit what I was looking for

Yea we passed on them for Bortles thats my point. Minshew would likely be our Bortles in this scenario because he can keep us in QB purgatory ESPECIALLY if we pick 1st

Browns got a haul for the trade, I'm talking about drafting other positions in general

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Caldwell is a needs drafter.  He most likely doesn't view qb as a need.  

If we are picking 1st next year, what makes you think Caldwell is going to be with the team?

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

The oregon lt is a generational guy(the last ol to be in the heisman hunt was Orlando pace. 

I feel people use generational talent too much when theres always a qb thats generational in almost every other draft

If its the Rams pick, it matters a great deal how good Minshew is for us. Like he has to be better than last year without question. Lawrence is a generational QB prospect. Unless this LT is the next Jonathan Ogden without a shadow of a doubt, you either take Lawrence or trade the pick for all of King Midas' silver

Also if it was the Rams pick we wouldn't be picking 33 also...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

JC with the big brain post. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If its the Rams pick, it matters a great deal how good Minshew is for us. Like he has to be better than last year without question. Lawrence is a generational QB prospect. Unless this LT is the next Jonathan Ogden without a shadow of a doubt, you either take Lawrence or trade the pick for all of King Midas' silver

This LT is like odgen/pace/Boselli good

Lawrence is going to get picked apart, no question.  But at this point...unless something absolutely bizarre happens, he's the easy "pencil in at #1" draft pick.  There's nothing to suggest otherwise, unless you're living in the future and just came back to post us a mock draft on some random quiet corner of the internet forum.

20 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

The fact that you call him "The Oregon LT" instead of by his name makes me think he isnt a generational talent on the level of Trevor Lawrence

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If we are picking 1st next year, what makes you think Caldwell is going to be with the team?

Cuz Khan doesn't have the testicular fortitude to fire him

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The fact that you call him "The Oregon LT" instead of by his name makes me think he isnt a generational talent on the level of Trevor Lawrence

Well seeing i havent really scouted up the players much yet im not 100% fimiliar with his name. 

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Lawrence is going to get picked apart, no question.  But at this point...unless something absolutely bizarre happens, he's the easy "pencil in at #1" draft pick.  There's nothing to suggest otherwise, unless you're living in the future and just came back to post us a mock draft on some random quiet corner of the internet forum.

Is that like how tua wasn't the 1st qb drafted this year? The year before that was Herbert and he didn't declare. 

Personally i rather have Trey Lance based on stats but haven't watched him. I also think lawrence benefits from arguebly a top 3 wr school. 

So first off, none of the QBs the Giants passed on could hold a candle to the prospect that Lawrence is. But you mentioning them did fit what I was looking for

Yea we passed on them for Bortles thats my point. Minshew would likely be our Bortles in this scenario because he can keep us in QB purgatory ESPECIALLY if we pick 1st

Browns got a haul for the trade, I'm talking about drafting other positions in general

To a point but when your qb is 35+ years old and the guys are considered starting qb talent you probably should take a qb over a rb. 

If minshew was picked in the 1st round last year and we all know he should have been offensive rookie of the year, are you really gonna replace him after 2 years especially when the fan base loves him

Think about the previous statement long and hard. 

This lt without a shadow of doubt is the next all-pro decade team baring unforseen injuries. 

It funny how yall are butt hurt over taking a franchise LT and still getting a franchise caliber qb instead of a franchise qb and a good not great LT.