In a way that draft format was refreshing

viper952

On 4/28/2020 at 2:31 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, minus the desperate highlighting of players' worst moments in their life.

Otherwise, it was good.

I had to switch to bleacher reports version because they were actually ahead of all the major outlets and they only talked football. Not that yada yada player had to watch his father get mauled by a pack of meth addicted penguins.

• Like 2

I think the draft is kind of hilarious in a way.  

It's like a super bowl in itself in that fans get to experience a feeling of victory when their team has a strong draft or just drafts that one "generational" talent that is going to turn around their team. Draft analysts give them a high grade and they're favored in seasonal projections.

In reality it's going to take 3/4 of their roster doing nothing more than playing up to their potential instead of just taking a check and just a critically, a few lucky bounces in the playoffs.

And in case you missed it, they'll need a few lucky bounces in the playoffs.

On 4/29/2020 at 10:13 PM, SkippyX said:

I would only change one thing. The On The Clock section with the next 3 picks in the lower left should include CURRENT PICK: at the top.

Show me the name of the person who was just drafted, please!

Its super annoying in rounds 4-7 when picks are flying fast.

ugh, this seems so obvious. I don't know how many times I waited for the scroll bar at the bottom. I'd keep the last 3 picks or something on the screen

• Like 3

On 4/29/2020 at 9:01 AM, ET80 said:

I agree with this, it was over the top. Have the players tell you about their biggest moments during their college career, or biggest influence in their lives.

I think they need to open the options of storylines to cover.

I get they wanted to highlight something different than football but you could've picked ANYTHING other than quite possibly the worst moment in their life. 

Everybody has some random thing they like, hate, never did, always do whatever that people can relate to as well. 

Your whole family is there celebrating, they're happy you got picked and then you see Mom struggled with addiction to cocaine the last 14 years before it ultimately killed her... and it ruins the moment for them, makes it incredibly awkward for the fans and the broadcast team to mention it and then be like lets go back to Roger with the next selection, Roger?

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 8:01 AM, candyman93 said:

For me, ESPN always tries to do too much. Keeping it simple this year was nice. I think going forward, they will do rounds 1-3 how they used to, and after that it will be like how the virtual draft was.

they do too much with almost everything. Pick any show that is on in the mornings. Horrible take after horrible take but it gets eyeballs and people talking

• Like 1