Cuts coming in ...

KC_Guy

What. :o

I agree. I'm so glad he's leaving with the ring. I just have nothing else but love for this guy. Thank you for everthing Dustin!

By cutting him we save 2 million. So that means Tommy Townsend or Tyler Newsome get the job. Heard only good things about Townsend. It will be interesting to see if he can win the job.

• Like 2

It was bound to happen eventually, but man it's still going to seem so off for someone other than Colquitt to be out there. So happy he got a ring first, though. He truly went through the worst of Chiefs football with us all. Legitimately felt like our MVP for a year or two in there. Never the strongest leg, but always consistent and reliable. Accurate as heck.

Kind of hope he hangs it up, because it honestly feels like the perfect end to his career, but if we're cutting him, I'm guessing it's because he doesn't want to yet.

He'll be ring of honor for sure, right? Jerrell Wilson is on there, and Colquitt passed virtually all of his franchise records. We just got through the early 2000s crew of Shields, Waters, Gonzalez, Holmes, and Richardson, so I think there'd be an open year for him when he retires for good.

• Like 2

No brainer he was a great player and person as far as we can tell.  Great team guy.  So glad he got his Ring. I don't think he is as good as he was earlier in his career and 2M is a lot for a punter with a team that has cap issues.  Best of lucky DQ!

30 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

How many players (if any) played longer for the Chiefs than Dustin Cloquitt?

Zero. He played in 238 career games. The only other long-time Chief to play in more games is Gonzalez (270). But only 190 of those were in KC.

Will Shield would be 2nd place with 224 games.

DJ played in 182, roughly 3.5 seasons less than Colquitt.

Yeah, Colquitt owns basically everything team record wise. Most games played, most seasons played. Punts, yards, average, etc. That game he missed in 2008 just barely kept him from most consecutive starts. Think Shields has that since he never missed a game.