Dustin Colquitt out of KC

Chiefs_5627

:o

He's a legend. Great teammate, great person. He played for the Chiefs for 15 years. Set some all time franchise records, such as most games played or most seasons played. He is 3rd overall in the NFL for most punts downed inside the 20.

I agree. I'm so glad he's leaving with the ring. Thank you for everthing Dustin!

Edited by Edge

End of an era. And I say that 100% genuinely. Man of the year nominee multiple times. Rode out some of the worst years of Chiefs football in franchise history. Holds basically every franchise record he's eligible for. Took way too long, but so glad we were able to get him a great head coach, a great QB, and a superbowl ring, after all the horrendous years he was a loyal and excellent player and person.

Would love to see him hang it up and go out on top, a lifetime Chief, but the post makes it sound like he's not ready, the team was. Which makes sense. A $3M punter is a weird luxury for a team like ours. If he goes elsewhere, he's going to have to work a little bit harder again lol. Half of what we've seen of him these past two years is in sideline jokes about how Mahomes doesn't let him do his job.

• Like 4

His punt against Dallas, 3/4 years ago,  was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen in sports.  Will try and find the link.   A master of pinning inside the 10 and the funky left footed spin.    Chief fans will always speak highly of him, as his punts were the most entertaining part of the game for 4-5 years. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If he's not retiring I'd take in Pittsburgh yesterday. 

On Macafee's podcast, he alluded to Pittsburgh being an awesome landing spot because it's where his pops punted.

PS he still has good enough leg talent and will occasionally drill one that makes you think he's 25 again. He's definitely a savvy vet who knows how to pin a team. He'd still be in KC if it weren't for his price tag I think

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1