Sign in to follow this  
British

No comp pick for Clowney

Probably were not eligible anyway because of the Benson Mayowa signing. The system sucks TBH.

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Probably were not eligible anyway because of the Benson Mayowa signing. The system sucks TBH.

I believe you're right. The system accounts for net loss/gain, and even if Clowney signed elsewhere, the Seahawks had a net gain with a bunch of low-ball signings like Mayowa and Finney.

It's really unfortunate because that's something that made last year's trade so phenomenal. We gave up virtually nothing. Turns out similar to the Sheldon Richardson deal, we gave up good draft capital for a 1-year rental. 

Very unfortunate. 

On 4/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I believe you're right. The system accounts for net loss/gain, and even if Clowney signed elsewhere, the Seahawks had a net gain with a bunch of low-ball signings like Mayowa and Finney.

It's really unfortunate because that's something that made last year's trade so phenomenal. We gave up virtually nothing. Turns out similar to the Sheldon Richardson deal, we gave up good draft capital for a 1-year rental. 

Very unfortunate. 

Yah but it wasn't too much, and Clowney helped make our team competitive. It's worth it if you go deep in the playoffs and reach the Super Bowl.

I'd argue Seattle had a good shot at that until half their f'ing offense went down in the final weeks of the season. Had a good shot to win the division and lock up HFA.

16 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Yah but it wasn't too much, and Clowney helped make our team competitive. It's worth it if you go deep in the playoffs and reach the Super Bowl.

I'd argue Seattle had a good shot at that until half their f'ing offense went down in the final weeks of the season. Had a good shot to win the division and lock up HFA.

Won't argue against it being worth it, just saying the alternative of getting an equal compensatory pick back would've been ideal.