NFL Draft Dates set for 2021 in CLEVELAND!!

brooks1957

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Interesting that they will hold it down by the stadium and Rock Hall. Could be a little bit chilly and windy down there. 

Well they did push it back a week, hoping it to maybe be a little bit warmer

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Well they did push it back a week, hoping it to maybe be a little bit warmer

Lets hope, but its Cleveland. With how the weather has been the last 4-5 years it could be 43 degrees with 20 mph winds on May 1 haha

They said that there will be different locations around the city that will be doing the draft, IDK what that really means but I think they will also have something going on over in the Flats--I just dont know what if the stage is set up by the Rock Hall.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Throw on your old Members Only jacket and buck up buttercup.

I dont care but I know the broadcast teams, media outlets and event planners will care if they have a whole stage setup and their is 35mph winds

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont care but I know the broadcast teams, media outlets and event planners will care if they have a whole stage setup and their is 35mph winds

Of a mic boom tumbles on to Goodell’s head mid pick all the better.

I can’t think of anything lulzier than watching the stage look like a scene from Twister.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Of a mic boom tumbles on to Goodell’s head mid pick all the better.

I can’t think of anything lulzier than watching the stage look like a scene from Twister.

I mean Ive been down by that lake in the stadium area many times and it can get crazy with the swirling winds off the lake especially in a transition month like late April/May

Im just thinking of papers flying everywhere and the giant metal pole stage swaying as people are up on it lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean Ive been down by that lake in the stadium area many times and it can get crazy with the swirling winds off the lake especially in a transition month like late April/May

Im just thinking of papers flying everywhere and the giant metal pole stage swaying as people are up on it lol

Exactly.  10/10 shenanigans.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How does one obtain tickets to this 

So I went to the draft at Radio City Music Hall way back in 2012.  I have no idea if this is still relevant given the changes but here's how it used to work.  The night before the draft everyone who wanted a ticket would line up outside the venue around 6pm, it was pretty well organized and they had it all cordoneoned off with barricades with group of 30-50 fans to makes sure people didn't cut in line.  This part was probably the most fun, my buddy and I got drunk (gotta come prepared) with a bunch of supernerd NFL fans of all different fan bases on a random street in NYC.  I was really impressed how many of them came to NYC every year for the draft, these were some diehard fans of their teams inside and out and came prepared to have a good time (lots of camping chairs and open containers).  After a few hours they started releasing groups to go get the free wristbands that allowed entry the rest of the weekend.

We came back the next day but not early enough so had to sit in the huge line again.  This was also really fun, hanging with other fans and hearing the rumors percolate of trades and such.  Right about when we were enter radio city everyone was going nut over the Browns trading up, this is where things started to go downhill.  We got assigned our section (it was open seating by section based on when you showed up) and got there right as Trent Richardson walked on stage.  The middle part was honestly pretty boring, we sat there chatting with other dudes (I don't think I saw a single woman there) about rumors and such.  Eventually the Browns traded up and drafted Brandon Weeden and at this point I was bored and pretty drunk.  My buddy and I boo'd as hard as we could (in the upper deck) and stumbled out, some drunk dude in a Steelers jersey expressed his condolences at us making yet another trash pick.  We took the subway home in stunned silence and didn't go back for the next 2 days, still shocked by the ineptitude of the Browns on public display yet again.

It's probably different now but this was my lone NFL draft experience.  I had a really ****ty time!  But most of that was the Browns and their selections, the actual event was a good time and well organized.