Brent Urban has lisfranc injury, likely out for season

M.10.E

Just to add the Tweet:

It's almost comical at this point. And only almost because injuries and people being hurt is never funny. I mean it's not like Urban getting hurt is a surprise, but now you can pretty much say the same for anybody that puts on a Ravens uniform. 

This really sucks though. Brent was coming into his own and looking really good thus far. Kaufusi or Wormley will get a chance now, but if this is the cost of young players seeing time (and with Pees and his nonexistent rotations it is) it's not worth it. 

Great.  Just what we needed.

That the second player in the final year of their rookie contract to sustain a season ending injury this year.  I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see if he'll be back and if he'll be able to build on the promising start this was

Theres more bad to that really. Another 2 contracts being reworked (Jefferson, Tucker) to create cap room for replacements. 4 contracts reworked already due to 16 (?) players on IR now. Its not only hurting this years performance but has negative influence on future cap. Just a great situation really. If i was owner of this franchise and had this happen to my team 3 years in a row i'd be looking very hard into the work of my coaching staff. Unacceptable.

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Theres more bad to that really. Another 2 contracts being reworked (Jefferson, Tucker) to create cap room for replacements. 4 contracts reworked already due to 16 (?) players on IR now. Its not only hurting this years performance but has negative influence on future cap. Just a great situation really. If i was owner of this franchise and had this happen to my team 3 years in a row i'd be looking very hard into the work of my coaching staff. Unacceptable.

They're trying to fight the inevitable. Pushing money into the future to cover for all the injuries, hoping they can still succeed. Why bother? Just accept the suck, and hope your injured guys get healthy next year, instead of throwing money at stand ins and backloaded contracts.

The constant injuries are baffling,  because they're all sorts of injuries. Ligament tears, broken bones, muscle tears. There's nothing to point at and say 'that's what the Ravens staff are doing badly', yet this is so consistent a feature of the last three years that it just can't simply be bad luck.

Agreed on all terms. Let the young guys get playing time, see if some PS guys are worth keeping around. Stop trying to fix an already lost year by investing future cap, you will not win the SB with the current squad anyway. Accept the year as lost, get healthy and fix your holes and build a contender in the next 1-2 years. 

Archived