Multiplying the Multiplicity of Mister Zimmer's Multiple Defense

RpMc

i know we just got a big boost because we played the bear's awful offense but we now have the 10th best defense by DVOA. 

i'm absolutely speechless to be honest. if we end the season with a top 10 defense (which is possible given our improvement and our schedule) then zimmer deserves to go straight to the hall of fame. i think if the other 31 teams were in a comparable situation maybe one or two teams would have a top 20 defense. even defensive geniuses like pete carroll and bill belichick have bottom 10 defenses, with NE having the worst by DVOA. that said, both of those teams have had similar obstacles but the fact that our defense is ranked a lot higher than theirs says a lot.

the DVOA of our upcoming opponents' offenses are:

vs. DAL - 27th (28th pass offense/22nd run offense)

vs. CAR - 7th (10th/8th)

vs. JAX - 23rd (23rd/19th)

@ TB - 8th (9th/14th)

vs. CHI - 29th (27th/31st)

@ NO - 6th (8th/6th)

@ DET - 14th (16th/16th)

EDIT: FWIW - we've played four games against the three best offenses (GBx2, SEA, TEN)

Edited by whitehops
  • Like 1

He's certainly gotten things back on track, which is great. Knowing we got God-kowski'd (6/6) and he's like (6/14) the rest of the season sucks.

Vikings would have benefited more from a pre season than some other teams due to all the youth and new faces on defense. Schedule easing up certainly didn't hurt things either. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This is so awesome. I love Patterson.

Yeah that is amazing leadership, inspiration and motivational messaging.  Makes all of them instantly have a bigger chip on their shoulder, especially in that moment and carry that chip when they play which increases their aggression level and helps eliminate doubt and hesitation promoting attacking and aggressive play.  I still want to see more James Lynch though, great Hercules has seen a ton more action but using Lynch at DT and moving him around even I hope they do the coming weeks.

Against Chicago, 2 sacks, 6 TFLs and 12 QB hits.  Detroit 2 sacks, 5.5 TFLs and 7 QB hits.  Pretty solid, even if Chicago had injuries on the OL that is a massive number of QB hits.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings LB Eric Wilson is the only player in the NFL in 2020 with 3 INTs and 3.0 sacks.

: mnvkn.gs/probowl

It would be cool to see him be named to the ProBowl but he doesn't have the name recognition and I think the average fan probably knows more about Barr and Kendricks than they do about Wilson.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I'm pretty happy with how Wonnum has progressed. Hopefully he and Hunter can become a nice pass rushing duo.

Typically pass rushers don't really see a big "boost" until year 2 under Patterson and I think Wonnum can be that guy.

Still rooting for Mata'afa, Lynch and Watts as well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...