Green Bay Packers Draft Grade

Golfman

Draft Grade for Green Bay Packers  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What grade are you giving the Packers for this draft?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2020 at 07:52 PM

Gave it a C as well.  Love pick is a risk.  He may or may not be the guy.  That's what will really determine the final grade.  1 starter D 2 starters C 3 starters B 4 Starters A.  Think we'll at least get 2 starters out of this draft.  Dillon, Deguara, and one of the OLine  picks hit it's a B.  Always get excited about the prospects every draft.  Realize that most of them are going to bust out.  Just the way it is.  Never know who either.  Hated Daniels pick and he turned out pretty good.  Though Moore would be the best of the 3 receivers got that wrong too.  Think we'll end up with 2-3 guys which is average.  

Love turns into a franchise QB well then like others said it's an A no matter what the other picks do.  That's the real wild card.  50/50 chance.  Glad they took a shot now.  We may not be done drafting QB's however.  With Aaron under center you are going to be drafting late every year.  Real tough to find a successor.  Pick made sense. We may not get another chance at a QB with his upside potential in the next few years.

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 1

D. Our 2nd, 3rd, and 5th rounders all came at least a round early and I don't think Love develops into what we want him to be. The more I look at him, the more I think he's a system QB with a better-than-average release. The only thing saving this from an F is that AJ Dillon will prove to be a steal, Deguara will turn out to be a solid though not spectacular player, and we'll hit on at least one of those OL we drafted.

We did nothing to help the IDL that got manhandled most of last year, we drafted a ST's ILB in Kamal Martin that has nowhere near the talent that Blake Martinez had coming out, and we didn't get faster at WR...

1 minute ago, HawaiiFan808 said:

Is Josh Allen a franchise QB? I don't think so yet.

but at the time of the draft you'd have to say Allen was on the same level as Love.  So leaving that draft.

In hindsight now that we've seen Allen the jury is still out, but it's not looking super promising that he's a franchise guy.  But following that Bills draft, do you give that and A by the same logic that you give this one?

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

but at the time of the draft you'd have to say Allen was on the same level as Love.  So leaving that draft.

In hindsight now that we've seen Allen the jury is still out, but it's not looking super promising that he's a franchise guy.  But following that Bills draft, do you give that and A by the same logic that you give this one?

The Bills had an immediate need at QB though, so I'm not sure these situations are very similar. We don't have a clear need at QB, so yes, I'd give the Bills an A. It was the right move to make unless you hated Josh Allen as a prospect.

5 minutes ago, HawaiiFan808 said:

Is Josh Allen a franchise QB? I don't think so yet.

I think when all is said and done, Josh Allen would be a better fit in MLF's system than Jordan Love TBH. Allen's big and durable, while Love is much smaller. I see Love having a similar career as a starter(at least thus far) at best.

The Draft is always a crapshoot, especially at the QB position. Some players don't show up for two or three years, like Adams. But seeing what type of offence LaFleur is trying to build, it doesn't seem to bad. Some of these guys were reaches, but I think they will fill their roles in this new scheme. There are some intriguing prospects among the UDFA also. I give it a B-.  

Edited by SAM