"Protect the rookie QB" offense

51to54

I'm for doing whatever provides the best environment for the long term successful development of Trubisky.

That being said, playing (and not getting killed while doing it) is one of the best development methods known so why are we in full on "protect the QB" offensive mode for our veteran QB?

Can't Trubisky throw 5 yards downfield? Can't Trubisky generate 9 total Wide Receiver yards in a game? Can't Trubiskey NOT check out of running plays when 9 defenders are in the box? Can't Trubisky hand off? Can't Trubisky generate 15.7 (28th) points a game?

Per Glennon, who'd a thunk that after 3 games he'd have more wins than Manning, Rivers,  and Dalton combined and that he's actually thrown the 10th most passes while only being sacked the 19 most times per attempt.

Some of the sacks were blown assignments or just a few times getting outright outplayed, but I think the majority of sacks have been from Glennon - holding onto the ball too long, dropping back to where no tackle could block away from, or being entirely stationary and not stepping up into a fair pocket.

I see nothing of Glennon that makes me think he is doing better than Trubisky would. Tru might turn the ball over more, but he will challenge deep and make more of an offensive impact as a passer. That in turn will open up things for runners, or he will get some man coverage to work with. Either way, Glennon is not doing it and is retarding the offense completely.

Archived