Chiefs CB Bashaud Breeland Arrested in South Carolina

Chiefer

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Why these idiots resist arrest is beyond me. It hasn't worked. It doesn't work. It won't work.

Resisting arrest can mean a lot...or virtually nothing. Of all these charges, that's probably by a longshot the least meaningful.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Resisting arrest can mean a lot...or virtually nothing. Of all these charges, that's probably by a longshot the least meaningful.

I think, for that exact reason, it should matter a great deal: being a retired state trooper, I'm all too familiar with what constitutes resisting arrest. In terms of public opinion, it should be taken at face value until facts of the case prove otherwise. (It only "lacks meaning" in the legal sense, as it'll likely be the first charge withdrawn in any sort of deal that he makes with prosecutors. In the eyes of the NFL, it should be the most concerning.)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well, the US legal system doesn't care about the NFL CBA. Sure he probably won't be put in the drug protocol for the NFL, but this is still a stupid move by him getting into legal trouble

Wasnt matt prater added to the drug protocol for a dui? open container means he'll be added right?

35 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

https://www.tmz.com/videos/042920-nfl-arrest-4776844-0-7xcmc8n4/

He was non-compliant. I dont feel bad for him.

I think that as long as he goes through some kind of "Don't be a dipsh*t with the police" course, his career should be entirely unaffected.

I have to know... was that cop going to start shooting if he tried to leave?

officer seemed incredibly unsure of himself, even with his gun drawn.... maybe send him through a training course too.

the video makes me believe this is something that’s going to blow over for Breeland... i agree there... he’ll pay a fine and move on

30 minutes ago, Dome said:

I have to know... was that cop going to start shooting if he tried to leave?

officer seemed incredibly unsure of himself, even with his gun drawn.... maybe send him through a training course too.

the video makes me believe this is something that’s going to blow over for Breeland... i agree there... he’ll pay a fine and move on

That officer has absolutely no idea what that individual might do once he enters the vehicle, and he has every right to draw his gun to defend himself. (We had a DUI where the suspect resisted arrest, fought with the officers and ran to his vehicle... just to retrieve a loaded pistol and fire numerous rounds at the officers. One officer was struck three times, once in the femoral artery, and coded three times on the way to the hospital. It was a miracle that he survived.)

The officer gave him plenty of chances to comply, and (in my opinion) could have used varying levels of force much earlier, to include taser or OC spray. He clearly didn't want to.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 3