2020 New England Patriots Roster

DoleINGout

16 hours ago, m haynes said:

I'm not a cap guru by any means, but if I'm reading this right. IMO  Especially with  the head scatcher that shocks everyone from the Pats. You know the " Huh " moments.

The Patriots cut M Cannon. New right tackle Joe Thuney !!!!  Starting OG  Michael Onwenu  o.Oo.Oo.O

Solves cap space.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/

Can Thuney play RT to a good enough level? Baring in mind we now have a QB that ISN'T, that we know of, a super computer.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Can Thuney play RT to a good enough level? Baring in mind we now have a QB that ISN'T, that we know of, a super computer.

I going on past articles that mention him as a left tackle replacement. They said he could play the position however he better at guard. BB mindset, we will coach him up. He has the tools, we will see.  Like i said, head scratcher.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Article/Joe-Thuney-embracing-opportunity-with-left-tackle-reps-132608918/

Thuney played RT against the Steelers week 1. I have suggested he be considered a tackle before. Incentive laden contract extension to potentially be "paid as a tackle" if he does well there. Looked better than Cannon though last season in a small sample.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Thats a lot of guys but honestly I wouldn't have any issues with the vast majority of them leaving. Only guys I would be conflicted about leaving would be Thuney, White, Hightower, Simon, and Andrews. And out of those I think Thuney and Andrews (assuming health issues are resolved now) and the only guys I see being worth their salaries (need to protect our young QB if he's to have a chance).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

I want Guy, Butler and White back. 
Hightower is at least 50/50 to retire

I think High walks for a contender. Guy probably wont go anywhere. Butler will be another in a long line of rotational lineman who find success in NE and then disappear when they leave. There is a decent shot White follows Brady to TB.