2020 New England Patriots Roster

DoleINGout

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, that seems like a given. Thought this was Harris’ time to shine, and it still might be, but this probably makes his path a little bumpier.

Fine with the signing, needed a veteran that can take some carries with Sony down. 

Harris was always going to have a bumpy road since Rona hit. No camp, No minicamp, no pre-season, he had no shot. Miller is just veteran insurance IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Harris was always going to have a bumpy road since Rona hit. No camp, No minicamp, no pre-season, he had no shot. Miller is just veteran insurance IMO. 

Without Miller in the fold he did. With 4 running backs ahead of him, it’s hard to justify making Harris game day active. Without Michel (and thanks to COVID, Bolden) Harris was going to get his opportunities in games. Still might. But if things don’t change and Sony isn’t healthy, I can’t imagine Miller not getting the brunt of the looks.

36 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Without Miller in the fold he did. With 4 running backs ahead of him, it’s hard to justify making Harris game day active. Without Michel (and thanks to COVID, Bolden) Harris was going to get his opportunities in games. Still might. But if things don’t change and Sony isn’t healthy, I can’t imagine Miller not getting the brunt of the looks.

dude is coming off a torn ACL which, even before that, he didnt look great. Granted BoB is the least creative offensive gameplanner in the NFL, but I wouldnt be shocked to see Miller the DNP or the GD Inactive. 

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Isaiah Simmons is the same height with 30 more lbs and he is still considered undersized for an NFL backer. Williams could play some box safety, maybe the mythical hybrid role we always hear about, but I highly doubt he will ever be asked to play any traditional LB position in any capacity. 

Isn't this what we drafted Dugger for? Not saying they both can't do it.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Isn't this what we drafted Dugger for? Not saying they both can't do it.

I honestly don't know how they have him pegged. His combine numbers suggest he can play box or on high. Honestly, I think he would best be served as bracket coverage in his rookie season. The guy who allows the corner to take some risks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:29 AM, DoleINGout said:

New roster rules in 2020: 53 man roster with two players added on game day from the 12 man practice squad.

QB Cam Newton, Brian Hoyer

RB Sony Michel, Damien HarrisJames White, Rex Burkhead, Lamar Miller, JJ Taylor*

HB Dalton Keene, Rashod Berry, Jakob Johnson*, Jake Burt*

TE Ryan Izzo, Devin Asiasi

WR Julian Edelman, Gunner Olszewski, N’Keal Harry, Mohamed Sanu, Damiere Byrd, Jeff Thomas*, Andre Baccellia*

LT Isaiah Wynn, Yodney Cajuste

LG Joe Thuney, Justin Herron*

C David Andrews, Hjalte Froholdt

RG Shaq Mason, Michael Onwenu

kRT Jermaine Eluemunor, Korey Cunningham

ST Matthew Slater, Joe Cardona, Jake Bailey, Nick Folk, Justin Bethel, Brandon King

LE Lawrence Guy, Byron Cowart

DT Adam Butler, Beau Allen*, Michael Barnett*

RE Deatrich Wise Jr., Bill Murray*

LB Chase Winovich, Brandon Copeland, Anfernee Jennings

LB Ja’Whaun Bentley, Terez Hall*, De’Jon Harris*

LB Josh Uche, Cassh Maluia

LB Derek Rivers, Shilique Calhoun

CB Stephon Gilmore, Jonathan Jones, D’Angelo Ross*

CB JC Jackson, Jason McCourty, Michael Jackson Sr.*

S Joejuan Williams, Terrence Brooks, Adrian Phillips

S Devin McCourty, Kyle Dugger, Myles Bryant

Latest roster projection has Jarrett Stidham not making the cut.