Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2020 (All up)

goldfishwars

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Mark it down as a W for the Packers Front Office that someone else managed to screw up worse than they did.

Green Bay drafted like they just went 3-13, not 13-3. They left the NFC wide open now.

Did they ever actually control the NFC? Lol 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think the Steelers are being heavily slept on. That defense is very real. They have the talent to the point that they didn't need immediate impact from a draft, which is what 99% of people grade a draft on, immediate impact. For some reason.

I agree they are underrated, but a lot of their upside hinges on Ben coming back healthy. I have my doubts about that. UCLs are a serious injury for someone his age. Until I actually see him throw a pass, it's hard for me to call them one of the top teams in the AFC

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

Did they ever actually control the NFC? Lol 

NFC North ?  Yes we claim full and complete ownership -  including our rookie HC sweeping the entire division and getting a handshake to remember
GB vs the rest of the NFC was 11-3, but I just can't seem to remember who those losses were...?  I'll guess I'll have to look it up somewhere

mike-zimmer-matt-lafleur-handshake.jpg

• Like 1

PIT clearly believes it still can win with BR.

iF he is able to come back from his injury will be one of the main storylines of the coming season. Because if his play declines significantly i can't see them not finish top 10 in draft picks ie. in great position to pick his successor. AFCN could have 4 QBs with pro bowl potential by 2021. 

Obviously I'm a Steelers fan, and while their draft wasn't great, it deserves to be higher than 28. I get that we aren't mentioning Minkah because he wasn't actually part of the draft class, but I don't think not having a first should make our draft appear weaker because we essentially drafted him with pick 18. We needed a big WR like Claypool, JuJu is best in the slot and Big Ben didn't have any big targets to throw to at WR last year. Plus you know any WR Pittsburgh takes is going to be a star. Highsmith brings in great depth as we don't have a great set of backups. McFarland brings speed which we definitely needed at RB. Dotson is a very good run blocker and deserved to be at the combine. I'm trying to keep my bias aside, but I think the Steelers draft belongs in the low 20s. There is definitely more than 4 teams that drafted worse than us.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

PIT clearly believes it still can win with BR.

iF he is able to come back from his injury will be one of the main storylines of the coming season. Because if his play declines significantly i can't see them not finish top 10 in draft picks ie. in great position to pick his successor. AFCN could have 4 QBs with pro bowl potential by 2021. 

That was shocking to me that PIT didnt go after a QB given Bens health. If I were them I would be looking at Cam Newton and do something similar to what Winston/N.O. did.

37 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That was shocking to me that PIT didnt go after a QB given Bens health. If I were them I would be looking at Cam Newton and do something similar to what Winston/N.O. did.

It isn't shocking. The Steelers don't like overpaying for free agents and Cam has said publicly that he doesn't want to be a backup. I'd love Cam on the Steelers if Ben was gone and we have more money to spend, but it doesn't make sense for either sides to make a deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

NFC North ?  Yes we claim full and complete ownership -  including our rookie HC sweeping the entire division and getting a handshake to remember
GB vs the rest of the NFC was 11-3, but I just can't seem to remember who those losses were...?  I'll guess I'll have to look it up somewhere

mike-zimmer-matt-lafleur-handshake.jpg

Thats not what he asked? No, GB did not control the NFC. SF clearly does, they completely dominated GB. 

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah I wasn't particularly big on Pittsburgh's draft at all, but I couldn't really tell if that was me a.) actually not loving their picks, b.) me being a ravens fan and innately wanting to dislike their picks, or c.) me being a salty Maryland alum who's had to watch my least favorite team roster more terps than anyone in recent memory.

I am sick that AntMac went to Pittsburgh (Brooks slightly less so)

• Like 1

27. Tennessee Titans

Tennessee Titans GM played key role in rebuilding the current New ...

This Class In One Sentence:
I mean, it’s probably fine

Pre-Draft Needs 
DL, EDGE, CB, WR

Selections
1. 29. Isaiah Wilson  | OT | Georgia
2. 61. Kristian Fulton  | CB | LSU
3. 93. Darrynton Evans  | RB | Appalachian State
5. 174. Larrell Murchison  | DT | NC State
7. 224. Cole McDonald  | QB | Hawaii
7. 243. Chris Jackson  | CB | Marshall

Picks Heading In
1. 29
2. 61
3. 93
5. 174
7. 224
7. 243

Favorite Pick
Kristian Fulton - He felt like decent value at the end of the second round, a player who had a wild ride at LSU before breaking out in his senior season. He was able to get back into plays at LSU in a way he won’t so often in the NFL, but he’s a subtle operator who battled it out with the best of them in the SEC.  

Most Questionable Pick
My main issue with this draft is that I really just don’t have any strong feelings about it. 

Overview
I think this will be a class with a variety of reviews because the players selected will have wide ranging opinions on them. It’s certainly one that Titans fans might not have predicted with many believing the Dennis Kelly contract as proof he was at least the short-term answer to the Jack Conklin sized hole on the right side. They might have also expected more exciting auditionees for the Jurrell Casey and Dion Lewis departures (depending on how you feel about the Evans pick). They might have even been hoping for the team to dip their toes into the receiver class for an explosive deep threat. 

As the draft approached, there were a number of rumors linking Isaiah Wilson to the 1st round which felt surprising because he looks raw on tape. I wonder how many of those were connecting dots to Tennessee, with the other offensive lineman who may be available not being great fits for their power run game. Wilson is a nice fit for the scheme, an extremely large human with an enormous wingspan but one with some issues in pass protection where he has struggled with speed. He does have awesome power, regularly burying opponents off the snap - but he also put up some pretty ugly COD testing numbers, which shouldn’t go unnoticed.

Darrynton Evans in the 3rd round had his admirers, but I have to admit he left me a little cold when I watched him. His speed is evident when given space which he might his share of in Tennessee, but he’s not a tackle breaker and was only used lightly as a receiver. Larrell Murchison is fine in the 5th as a squattier defensive end who has a little juice out of the blockers. He played in a weird wide alignment at NC State, so was one of the harder players to get a feel fore. Cole McDonald is fine as a late round pick and I don’t know much about Chris Jackson, but I would imagine he would need to make his way on special teams in the first instance. 

Edited by goldfishwars

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Wow.  That's low.

Like, shockingly low.

Incredibly low and since Robinson has taken over as GM, he’s always consistently had some of the better drafts in the league... He knows what he’s doing. Wilson fits the scheme to a T.  Run heavy offense mixed with a lot of playaction. Fulton was a huge need and everyone was shocked he fell that far. Evans is an upgrade over Lewis who flat out sucked. He was athlete coming out of high school and actually started as a receiver so he definitely knows how to catch. Pass-pro May take some time but certainly not worried about it. The rest of the draft are depth pieces so it’s whatever. My grade heavily reflected on if they signed Clowney or not. C+ without him and an A with him. Still better than the likes of the Saints and Falcons and likely 10+ more teams.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Incredibly low and since Robinson has taken over as GM, he’s always consistently had some of the better drafts in the league...

I mean, I didn't put us at the top, but I think we did better than like the Falcons, or the Saints.  And definitely better than the Pats.  I assumed we'd be somewhere in the 15-20 range.  27 is pretty ridiculous IMO.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I didn't put us at the top, but I think we did better than like the Falcons, or the Saints.  And definitely better than the Pats.  I assumed we'd be somewhere in the 15-20 range.  27 is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Definitely not a top draft because my grade heavily reflects on the Clowney decision. With him though, it’s certainly near the top.