Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2020 (All up)

goldfishwars

19 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I'm intrigued on your thoughts of the draft i know you were huge into chassion 

I don't know if i would say i was huge into chaisson he was just the best that was available i did like him though lol.  I wanted him more than Henderson thats for sure but i wanted quite a few people more than Chaisson.   Simmons, Kinlaw, Brown, Okudah, and Winfield Jr. were my top guys over Chaisson.   Then guys i had similar to chaisson i would have been ok with were Murray, Queen, and Mckinney.  I wasn't a fan of going CB in round 1 just because of how deep this draft is at CB and i felt we could get someone similar talent at that position in rounds 2 or 3.   Now as far as the draft it self i think we did well overall in the 1st 3 rounds combined as we got 3 guys i had rated in the 25 to 45 range so 3 late 1st to mid 2nd round guys.   You can say we reached a little on Terrell but we gained value with Hennesey to make up for it.   I know the Saints and Raiders were big on Terrell in the 1st and he is a talented player so it's not a huge loss. I think he for sure is better in Zone coverage than Henderson is coming out so thats still a plus in my book.    Hennesey i had as the 2nd best Center/Guard in this draft behind Cushenberry and i had both of them as like 1a and 1b in the late 1st to early 2nd.    My favorite pick in this draft is hands down Marlon Davidson that dudes a beast and will be perfect next to grady i love his attitude and nastiness on the field.  Our defense has needed some more of that for a minute now.   The 4th rounders where as the kids do have some talent were massive reaches to me and we could have done better with those picks but this is a TD thing and we all know he does it he finds specific guys he likes alot and wants them no matter what even if it's a few rounds early lol.   The smart move by him here without having a 5th rounder is to trade down and pick up a few extra picks if he was dead set on taking some 6th to 7th round guys that early :D   Overall the draft how it sits for me is a B+  we hit on alot of needs with some talented players although im guessing most people will think we got poor value on a few of the picks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah I wasn't particularly big on Pittsburgh's draft at all, but I couldn't really tell if that was me a.) actually not loving their picks, b.) me being a ravens fan and innately wanting to dislike their picks, or c.) me being a salty Maryland alum who's had to watch my least favorite team roster more terps than anyone in recent memory.

C.  And Benga;ls and Browns fans share your pain with all of the OSU players that Pitt drafts

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Definitely not a top draft because my grade heavily reflects on the Clowney decision. With him though, it’s certainly near the top.

If your draft going from a C+ to an A (your grades) is contingent upon the signing of a player who was not in the draft, that probably explains why the titans are lower on someone else’s list than you expected...it’s draft grades based on who the team took, not based on who may or may not be signing subsequently outside of the draft 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Definitely not a top draft because my grade heavily reflects on the Clowney decision. With him though, it’s certainly near the top.

Wouldn't that reflect your offseason grade for the Titans and not a draft grade? I mean unless the team used picks to trade for Clowney, I'm not sure how him signing is relevant to the draft grade? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

If your draft going from a C+ to an A (your grades) is contingent upon the signing of a player who was not in the draft, that probably explains why the titans are lower on someone else’s list than you expected...it’s draft grades based on who the team took, not based on who may or may not be signing subsequently outside of the draft 

He's talking about addressing needs.  If no Clowney, then we should have probably taken a pass rusher.  If Clowney signs, we wouldn't have the roster spot for one.  I also have to be annoyed when the Titans are in the bottom five, and the reasoning is *shrug*

I really don't understand how we don't at least beat out the Falcons.  We took a higher projected corner a round and a half later, and also got Isaiah Wilson, who was going around the bottom of the first/top of the second in all the mocks.  I wasn't thrilled with that pick, because I had him rated lower than the consensus, but it's not a bad pick.  Evans and Murchison then fill out the depth we needed, and both are fantastic picks.

I think the big thing that would shift the grade would be if we're considering trades at all: the Titans picked up Ryan Tannehill with their fourth rounder.  Getting a pro bowl QB in the fourth would be the thing that pushed the Titans' draft into the A range.

My problem with Chicago the last 2 offseasons is that they can’t commit to what type of team they want to be. It’s Detroit’s problem too.

They need to just be all defense 24/7. Just make Trubisky a game manager. I get that Nagy wants to make his own imprint, but this could easily blow up on him.

Edited by candyman93

13 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

30. Chicago Bears

Most Questionable Pick
Cole Kmet – I had him ranked quite a bit lower, but thought he would go higher due to the weakness in the class, but man why a tight end? The Bears of 2018 were extremely hard to move the ball against, just load up on the defense. How many tight ends do you need? Kmet is the 10th player to hit that position on the current roster. He tested out as a better athlete than he shows on the field, where he looks a little deliberate as a route runner and doesn’t play to his size. Not a good blocker in-line, but has the frame to see significant improvements there.

I'm curious because I keep seeing this comment come up when people are evaluating the Bears draft class/Kmet pick - if the Bears only had 1 or 2 tight ends at the time of the draft would people still feel the same way?  I'm not saying that Kmet was a great pick, I was personally hoping for Winfield Jr.  Yes, the Bears have an absurd number of tight ends on their roster currently.  They just cut Dax Raymond, so they're down to 9 now.  Adam Shaheen is expected to be one of the next to be cut.  Most of their other tight ends are no-name guys who won't be on the roster week 1.  My guess is week 1 they'll have Graham, Kmet, and Demetrius Harris dressing.  Graham's contract is for two years, but most of the guarantees will be paid this year, so he's not likely to be on the team at this time next year.  Bears needed a tight end for the future, so they grabbed the top-rated tight end in the class.  I'm not expecting him to be Gronk, Kelce, etc., but if he could be like a Kyle Rudolph I don't think it's a bad pick at all.  Take a look at the Bears tight ends since they traded Greg Olsen...it's not pretty.

People don't expect the Bears to enter the season with 10 tight ends on their roster......right?

On 4/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, goldfishwars said:

Jordan Love – The pick which launch a thousand debates

@goldfishwars Good God, sir, I have no idea how you research and write these things! Annually!  This better than the stuff I read from paid journalists on the websites! KUDOS.

Oh, and I loved that Trojan War paraphrase. I'll probably steal it for one of my own posts a few months from now.

Well done!

1fb807d432c4188dab98adb9c0cd05e8.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

That’s ok we evened out your hatred and took 2 this year 🤪

Oddly, I never have hated the Ravens.  There's always been a level of respect between the teams, mostly due to Marvin Lewis.  Never have I felt like cheap shots were part of the rivalry, like I do with the team with it's logo only on one side of the helmet.  I thought Dobbins was a perfect pick for you as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

He's talking about addressing needs.  If no Clowney, then we should have probably taken a pass rusher.  If Clowney signs, we wouldn't have the roster spot for one.  I also have to be annoyed when the Titans are in the bottom five, and the reasoning is *shrug*

I really don't understand how we don't at least beat out the Falcons.  We took a higher projected corner a round and a half later, and also got Isaiah Wilson, who was going around the bottom of the first/top of the second in all the mocks.  I wasn't thrilled with that pick, because I had him rated lower than the consensus, but it's not a bad pick.  Evans and Murchison then fill out the depth we needed, and both are fantastic picks.

I think the big thing that would shift the grade would be if we're considering trades at all: the Titans picked up Ryan Tannehill with their fourth rounder.  Getting a pro bowl QB in the fourth would be the thing that pushed the Titans' draft into the A range.

That all depends on who you ask as far as the CB's go as it seems their are 3 teams who were trying to take Terrell in the top 20  Falcons, Raiders, and Saints.   I personally didn't have either player in the top 25 but i did like Terrell better than Fulton thats for sure.   Nfl.com had Terrell rated with a higher grade as well on their draft scale.   Davdison was considered about the same caliber of player as Wilson at different position as both were around late 1st to mid 2nd round players and i like both guys quite a bit.   The prospect that im 100% sure has our class rated higher to Goldie than the Titans one is Hennessey though because he liked Henn quite a bit.   

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

As the draft approached, there were a number of rumors linking Isaiah Wilson to the 1st round which felt surprising because he looks raw on tape.

Not to mention their preferred route at the time, according to Titan fans, was a trade out that they couldn't finalise.