Teams and Their 'Types'

Hunter2_1

4 hours ago, DannyB said:

Patriots wide receivers are all..

...having that same haircut.

Haha

Well, can't say that anymore with DolaGan gone.

We now have 3 in the front 7 that....have the same haircut. I'd imagine that hasn't been done for decades.

on offense under jon robinson we’ve gone big, strong, physical, and explosive. AJ brown, corey davis, jonnu smith, the big boys up front, etc. very clear pattern there.

defense is a bit more of a wild card. i can’t say i’ve really identified a really specific type physically, but almost all of them are quiet, lead-by-doing types who work their tails off but aren’t necessarily vocal. rashaan evans, jayon brown, adoree, etc. that seems to be the word on kristian fulton as well. i almost feel like we need a little bit more swagger on D, actually. 

Since Ballard took over the Colts, he has been pretty consistent on the type of players he chooses. 

#1 - Leaders. He looks for leaders either on the field or off the field. Every single player has to get through Brian Decker, a Marine trained "gatekeeper" to the franchise if you will. Players have to be extraordinarily tough. 

#2 - Unique physical traits. Nearly every single defensive player have long arms, speed, and size. He will take a player ranked lower if they meet his "traits" criteria....and coach em up. 

#3 - Smart people. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 2:56 AM, Kirill said:

Mahomes has a type. Fast *** WR's

Isn't there a big moose of a TE involved? 

It doesn't matter how fast the WR are if the OL cannot buy enough time and the QB cannot throw a bleeding steak past a hungry wolf. No one else has a Jet Chip Wasp because the money break in the route is 30 yards downfield. Who else can throw that? That's why it's worked in Championship games against the best pass defenses in the NFL. 

J

On 5/1/2020 at 10:49 PM, TheGame316 said:

Cowboys players all tend to be "Good" Players that show flashes and Jerry willingly pays top of the market dollars to in hopes that it will somehow make them better players

Rarely works out....

1. Did it help the run game/stop the run

2. Was the player a team captain

Youre drafted to the Cowboys!

The Rams love receivers who are excellent route runner with great hands even though they aren’t the fastest. Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson. They love tight ends that have speed and can play as a big receiver in the slot like Everett and Hopkins. As you can tell the Rams love safeties they are great close to the line of scrimmage because they can use them like inside linebackers so they have Johnson III, Rapp, and Burgess. The Rams picked Akers because his style fits their zone running scheme but also Henderson fits the scheme too. Gurley did fit the scheme but with his knees you can see he no longer had that ability to be real effective in the zone running scheme like he once was which is ashame. I think though Akers will flourish immediately and don’t be shocked if he is at least in the top 3 running for offensive rookie of the year and help the Rams running game get back to top 5-10 like it was back in 2018. Btw the last time the Rams had a rookie back to be the main guy that was Gurley he won offensive rookie of the year and he did it behind a terrible OL and Fisher as his coach. So again don’t count out Akers because I think he will be great this upcoming season. 

Edited by stl4life07