Will 2020 Season Start In Sept?

NFL Network

Fans in attendance, probably not. 

But I'm fairly certain the season will start in September.  They will find a way.  By then, MLB will have started their season in June or July-ish.  NBA could be back on the court too for the playoffs.  As long as things go smoothly with those leagues, then the NFL should be okay to start in September.

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah but no fans will likely be allowed most likely. 

However I do think maybe they allow a limited number of fans to the game with spacing between each group of seats to avoid contact with people you otherwise wouldn’t be around. Risky but if planned properly it could work.

3 seats in between each group of 10 or less and stagger empty rows with rows that have people in them?

That may help the seating situation but using the bathroom and purchasing concessions (both which require leaving your seat and coming back to it) and walking in to and out of the stadium would be extremely difficult to keep people separated.

I read an ESPN article today that states the College football start in September is up in the air and I figured if that's the case then the NFL would also be up in the air as well. 

It's very interesting how the players feel playing when they know there is such a risk for contracting the virus when there is so much contact on every snap of a football game. I would imagine everyone involved has to get tested before and after all the games.

3 hours ago, NFL Network said:

I read an ESPN article today that states the College football start in September is up in the air and I figured if that's the case then the NFL would also be up in the air as well. 

It's very interesting how the players feel playing when they know there is such a risk for contracting the virus when there is so much contact on every snap of a football game. I would imagine everyone involved has to get tested before and after all the games.

Why after?  If every person on the field had to pass the test by Friday or Saturday, no reason to test right afterwards.  They'd still have to pass the test the following week.

The NFL will decide to play well before the NCAA does.

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

3 seats in between each group of 10 or less and stagger empty rows with rows that have people in them?

That may help the seating situation but using the bathroom and purchasing concessions (both which require leaving your seat and coming back to it) and walking in to and out of the stadium would be extremely difficult to keep people separated.

Hire security to ensure people are practicing proper distancing like they do at stores around the country. Obviously this is on a larger scale but its feasible. 

Could also do end seats only so you dont have to pass through multiple on the way to yours. 

I think they will allow fans to come to games and will open gates earlier to avoid crowd buildup. They will thermally scan fans temperatures at the gates prior to entry. If a fan has a temp they are not allowed in. Every fan will have to wear facemasks at all times or be subject to being kicked out. Fans will have probably 3 seats between them, except for families who will probably be allowed to stay together. 

Edited by johndeere1707

It kinda depends on how much liability the NFL is willing to shoulder. There are already bills being written to shield businesses from liability if they tell their workforce to return. The NFL will need to have some resolution on the liability side because no health authority is going to authorize a gathering of 60 K people in a football stadium. Even if its 10K, nobody is going to sign off on it.

So if the NFL tells the fans its safe to return to the game day experience...isn't that a big risk for the owners to make that claim ?
If they won't / don't say its safe, that's a problem too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Fans will have probably 3 seats between them, except for families who will probably be allowed to stay together. 

Can you explain to me exactly how you think that would work? 

3 seats to my left 3 seats to my right means 1 person every 7 seats. How about the row in front? The row behind?

It's  a 60K seat stadium, are you allowing only 10K to attend? Who is picking and choosing? Telling season ticket holders they can't attend?

It's a nightmare type scenario. Be better off going empty to ensure no one else is infected. 

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can you explain to me exactly how you think that would work? 

3 seats to my left 3 seats to my right means 1 person every 7 seats. How about the row in front? The row behind?

It's  a 60K seat stadium, are you allowing only 10K to attend? Who is picking and choosing? Telling season ticket holders they can't attend?

It's a nightmare type scenario. Be better off going empty to ensure no one else is infected. 

Just has to be staggered throughout the stadium. I can guarantee you the NFL would rather have some money coming in rather than no money at all. Fans safety < revenue. They will meet the minimum requirements set forth by each teams state. I’m sure NFL season ticket holders will be given preference for seats first at a reduced cost, then given back their original seat once things return to normal.