Redskins Rookie Jersey #s

turtle28

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-draft-picks-jersey-numbers-2020

I have to say, I’m not too happy about a few things here:

1. I think Chase Young should be #92, not #99, but he obviously can be whatever # he wants to be. To me though seeing that he was #2 in college, #92 made more sense and it will look better on him, but of course we’ll get used to seeing #99 reek havoc on opposing offenses for the next 15 years.

2. Antonio Gibson is #24, which tells me they are going to do what beat reporters have reported and have him play more RB than WR, and I just don’t understand that. We are stacked at RB with a Hall of Fame vet and we have 2 good young prospects at RB in Guice & Love already. Yes, they’re injury prone/coming off knee injuries but, I want to see Gibson as a WR, making plays in space more then I want to see him being mainly just a special teamer and mainly just riding the pine and being a back up to Peterson and Guice. 

I hope we still use Gibson a lot in the passing game as a receiver. I think he can do more damage there, on screens, check downs, slants, option routes and go routes until we develop him more as a receiver. So, I’m not happy about his # bc I tells me what I didn’t want to here and that’s that they see him more as a RB then a WR. But hey, it is what it is, I still hope they use him as a versatile piece all over.

1. DE Chase Young - #99

2.  RB Antonio Gibson - #24

3. OT  Charles - #77

4. WR AGG - #10

5. C/G Keith Ismael - #60

6. LB Khaleke Hudson - #47

7. CB Kamren Curl - #31

8. DE James Smith-Williams - #72

UDFA’s

QB Steve Montez - #6

WR Jonathan Johnson - #12

TE Thaddeus Moss - #46

WR Isaiah Wright - #83

Number Changes on Roster

DT Caleb Brantley from #99 to #96

TE Caleb Wilson from #83 to #45

We are stacked at RB in the traditional sense. While GUice appears to be a better receiver than advertised In today's NFL your RB should be your 5th WR on the Field. He should grow into that. Most reports were that he was going to be a RB.

I really do feel Gibson has James White upside. Maybe less reliable/skilled in the pass catching area but makes up for it in game breaking ability.

• Like 1

My preference would be 

1. DE Chase Young - #2

2.  RB Antonio Gibson - #A1 Be innovative and be first to use alpha numeric. Antonio 1

3. OT  Charles - #71 - our last 71 was a lazy selfish punk 

4. WR AGG - #A-2

5. C/G Keith Ismael - 53 reminds me of bostic or we could go 00 like the old raiders did with Jim Otto 

6. LB Khaleke Hudson - # who cares he’s going to be cut 

7. CB Kamren Curl - #sane here

8. DE James Smith-Williams - #72 I like it. A smart Dexter with similar athletic ability 

UDFA’s

QB Steve Montez - # 2

WR Jonathan Johnson - # 10

TE Thaddeus Moss - #47 

WR Isaiah Wright - #11

11 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Anyone realize Jon Bostic is 53,the same number Jeff Bostic used. Really cool for recycling jerseys.

Love seeing this. I remember Saints safety Rafael Bush wearing #25 years after Reggie Bush left town. Good way to get fans wearing your jersey

Sorta hoping Thad Moss takes #89 if Cam Sims doesn't make the team

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I won't lie, I hate that they keep giving out Cooleys number. I have no idea why it bothers me but it does...

It really doesn't bother me, people have made way too big a deal of such things. I really don't even think about it until someone brings it up. I still don't think even #21should be off-limits. If we have another good or great DB they shouldn't get ish bc they want to wear that # to honor Sean. I think Ryan Clark should've been allowed to wear 21 when he returned, if he wanted to, and I think Collins should be wearing it now if he wants to.

It takes nothing away from the former player and their contributions to this franchise bc a current player is wearing their number. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It really doesn't bother me, people have made way too big a deal of such things. I really don't even think about it until someone brings it up. I still don't think even #21should be off-limits. If we have another good or great DB they shouldn't get ish bc they want to wear that # to honor Sean. I think Ryan Clark should've been allowed to wear 21 when he returned, if he wanted to, and I think Collins should be wearing it now if he wants to.

It takes nothing away from the former player and their contributions to this franchise bc a current player is wearing their number. 

Disagree. 21 should never be worn again under any circumstances. For totally different reasons other than how good Sean was.