Bucs exercise OJ Howard's 5th year

kgarrett12486

Bucs exercised TE O.J. Howard's fifth-year team option for 2021. 

There were rumors Howard would be dealt over draft weekend, but those obviously ceased to materialize. Instead the Bucs will carry Rob Gronkowski, Cam Brate, and Howard, the latter who's now set to make $6.2 million in 2021, into the regular season. Tampa Bay opted for the sixth-highest rate (28%) of 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends) in 2019

• Like 1

This is the lone grip I have with our offseason. 

It makes zero sense to hold onto all 3 TEs. ZERO.

so what if you dont get the 2nd you want? you could hv got a 3rd imo for OJ. 

Or trade Brate for a 5th

I still think Brate or OJ  go before the trade deadline passes

I'm also sad because I'm a huge tanner hudson homer and now there's no way he makes the final 53

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

This is the lone grip I have with our offseason. 

It makes zero sense to hold onto all 3 TEs. ZERO.

so what if you dont get the 2nd you want? you could hv got a 3rd imo for OJ. 

Or trade Brate for a 5th

I still think Brate or OJ  go before the trade deadline passes

I'm also sad because I'm a huge tanner hudson homer and now there's no way he makes the final 53

As a Pats fan I love Gronk like a very stupid member of the family or a slightly above averagely intelligent household pet. He’s my favourite Patriot ever...but you’d be foolish to put all your eggs in his basket right now. He’s 30+, hasn’t played in over a year, and was injury prone at the best of times.

imo you guys are being smart keeping Howard. There were several seasons where not having a competent backup for Gronk cost the Pats big time.

Good luck this year, new-second-favourite team.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

As a Pats fan I love Gronk like a very stupid member of the family or a slightly above averagely intelligent household pet. He’s my favourite Patriot ever...but you’d be foolish to put all your eggs in his basket right now. He’s 30+, hasn’t played in over a year, and was injury prone at the best of times.

imo you guys are being smart keeping Howard. There were several seasons where not having a competent backup for Gronk cost the Pats big time.

Good luck this year, new-second-favourite team.

1 competent backup - yes

2 over qualified competent backups -overkill

We have the best TE group in the league 

And it's not close

Honestly Gronk is just a bonus in my eyes. We're not really sure what to expect, but I myself won't have huge expectations out of him to be like he was. Even if he stays healthy. 

We've been looking at trading OJ a long time anyway. But we're not gonna give him away. 

I do like the depth though. Someone always gets hurt. Last year it was Evans for 4-5 games, and Godwin for the last couple games. 

• Like 2