Goodell forgoes entire 40 million salary

rob_shadows

13 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Same, which is why I said he'll obviously be fine but giving up 40 million is still giving up 40 million.

Yeah, credit where it is due. Not doing would look bad, but plenty of millionaire CEOs are doing that. He volunteered it, so kudos to him. 

• Like 8

"As he should". I have a distaste for charity shaming. It's like when Zuckerberg recently donated millions of dollars to COVID research and people started saying "wow that's it?". 

Now let me put down that instrument and change tunes. My cynical mindset leads me to believe that there is a way in which Goodell will recoup this money, but who knows. 

• Like 15

Good on Goodell. I think this may mean that if Goodell gives up his pay then they’re expecting players to folllow suit. They prolly won’t ask players to give up their entire pay but definitely a pay cut

That way there would be no bad PR if the nfl asked players to take a cut and Goodell was still earning his 40 million 

Edited by rocky_rams

35 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Good way to avoid bad PR.

Could you imagine the headlines with so many people out of work that Gooddell receives that much money?

Shouldn’t matter. Hate people who count other people’s pockets. Broke bishes. 

And it doesn’t matter because the NFL is a private entity. They could do whatever they helol they want. 

Goodell has been solid for the NFL. Too many babies give that man a hard time. 

• Like 13