Goodell forgoes entire 40 million salary

rob_shadows

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The fact Goodell is making 40M a year & we have hard working families in soup lines right now is the real joke.

Sorry for going OT, but this **** pisses me off.

It's basic supply and demand - we've chosen to put a premium on entertainment ventures such as this, pay top dollar to attend and view these events.

I don't disagree with you for the most part, but that's on us, not Rog'.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's basic supply and demand - we've chosen to put a premium on entertainment ventures such as this, pay top dollar to attend and view these events.

Lots of people are making more than Goodell, and lots of them ain't giving it up. 

Between the draft and this, I'm beginning to consider the possibility that the man may not just be a mud puddle. Just maybe there's more to him than that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The fact Goodell is making 40M a year & we have hard working families in soup lines right now is the real joke.

Why are you mad? Get paid your worth. Clearly fans are into the NFL and buying their product(s). If the demand wasn't there, Roger wouldn't be making 40 million.

Lots of folks are hard working. Doesn't mean they are valuable to the tune of millions of dollars.

I never understood the frustration at how much someone else makes. If you aren't happy, go do something to reach that level.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why are you mad? Get paid your worth. Clearly fans are into the NFL and buying their product(s). If the demand wasn't there, Roger wouldn't be making 40 million.

Lots of folks are hard working. Doesn't mean they are valuable to the tune of millions of dollars.

I never understood the frustration at how much someone else makes. If you aren't happy, go do something to reach that level.

Yep, That's why I like the saying "EVERYBODY is paid what they are WORTH"

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Then when football comes back,  don't watch games,  don't go to games, don't have anything to do with it,  and when your garbage men pick up your trash,  give them $10k per every week.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Yep, That's why I like the saying "EVERYBODY is paid what they are WORTH"

We have, and always will pay for entertainment.     The funny thing is everyone always hates on sports, mostly what the athletes make,  but sometimes the owners and administrators.   Rarely do you ever hear  Pink or Metallica,  or the Rock make too damn much money.  

• Like 2

What I would have done for a better headline + goodwill:

"Goodell announces 3,000 randomly selected fans per game will receive an NFL pro-shop gift card worth the face value of their ticket."

This would come out to roughly $40million in lost profit for the NFL pro-shop, would increase advertising (swag on the street), and would excite fans more than this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

We need more than a "football like" for posts like these. Dude you quoted definitely needs basic business edumacation also.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't think Goodell is good but also don't think he's terrible. I think Adam Silver is the worse. 

Damn, and here I thought Silver was unanimously the best commissioner in professional sports. Why do you think he's the worst?

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Exactly. If they don't, nobody remembers that offer and Goodell collects his cool 40 milly.

That's how I'd do it. Manipulate the situation!

He's still doing that. Key word was ("amid, the coronavirus pandemic",) NFL resumes play, I guarantee so does his salary. 

That's not to mention the possibility he might be compensated accordingly in the future because owners are now able to prorate players contracts. NFL FO, stadium workers, referees salaries,  ect.. That's why he's doing this, not out of the goodness of his heart but what's best for the 32 Franchises.

He works for the Owners. They are setting precedent for what's about to occur. Nothing more.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

People that are making this seem like it's not that big of a deal are silly.  The man gave up $40 million and he didn't have to do that.  There's no way this should be spun any type of way other than only positive.

Exactly this. Its sad (though not surprising in our culture) that people have a very black/white view of other people. I don't like Goodell therefore I must interpret everything he does has evil/bad/incompetent/foolish, as if he were a caricature of a person.

• Like 3