Goodell forgoes entire 40 million salary

rob_shadows

He is worth $150 mil and when he signed his extension last year it was for 5 years up to 200 mil but his actual salary is 3.5 mil but with incentives he can make up to 40 mil a year. So you have to consider is he only giving up the 3.5 mil or is he also giving up all the incentives that will come with it which can be up to 40 mil? Even if that is the case he has enough for his grandchildren to live better then 99% of the people on this forum. Yes it is a nice gesture dont get me wrong but to him its equivalent to someone like us handing a $10-$20 bill to a homeless person on the side of the road. He deserves credit for doing the nice thing while it wont hurt him financially.

54 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ll believe in a guy on the internet turning down $40m when I see it lmao

you’re talking about a concept that’s foreign to many (having enough) but speculating on a concept that’s foreign to you as well (having a chance to make $40,000,000)

i had a chance, did i never tell you about my high school baseball career and how I ruined my knee and it destroyed my shot at $100,000,000?

51 minutes ago, Dome said:

you’re talking about a concept that’s foreign to many (having enough) but speculating on a concept that’s foreign to you as well
(having a chance to make $40,000,000)

Its interesting for sure and I'd like to think I'm not talking out of my arse...
I'd take the $ 40 M and hand it out as I see fit before I'd just leave it in the hands of the league or the other owners to distribute
Just think of all the good you can do with that coin. So many deserving people would get a lift at the toughest moment in their lives. You could also do a fund raiser where you match every donation up to $ 40 Million and if it works - now you've got $80 M  to help out

Also: If you can't make it work with $40 - 150 M already in the bank, then another $40M probably isn't going to help.

10 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

i had a chance, did i never tell you about my high school baseball career and how I ruined my knee and it destroyed my shot at $100,000,000?

You were overrated because you could get injured

and you did

proof positive 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Does anyone really think he's never going to get this $40 mil back?  Guys like him always get their money.  I'm sure the owners will tack on one more year to his deal and he'll get the $40 mil eventually.

How  is that getting his money back? He’s still going to be working for it on the additional year. 

Hes not gonna kick back and relax on his sofa and collect 40 mill

Edited by rocky_rams

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Also: If you can't make it work with $40 - 150 M already in the bank, then another $40M probably isn't going to help.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone is making this an argument of making it or not making it.

It’s all subjective. 

What if Goodell has big plans to continue building his wealthy through business investments? Maybe he has aspirations to buy a major company or even a pro sports team some day? Maybe he dreams of buying an island his family can own for generations?

This could be a much bigger sacrifice than people are giving him credit for.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, rob_shadows said:

Same, which is why I said he'll obviously be fine but giving up 40 million is still giving up 40 million.

It is but it’s an optics thing. Many executives are taking pay cuts to avoid destroying morale if they let people go