Goodell forgoes entire 40 million salary

rob_shadows

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

Exactly this. Its sad (though not surprising in our culture) that people have a very black/white view of other people. I don't like Goodell therefore I must interpret everything he does has evil/bad/incompetent/foolish, as if he were a caricature of a person.

But if my favorite player who is on his 2nd mega contract donates a small percentage of his annual wealth, you better believe I'm gonna find a thread to brag about it in.

Yeah, sounds about right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Then when football comes back,  don't watch games,  don't go to games, don't have anything to do with it,  and when your garbage men pick up your trash,  give them $10k per every week.

You’re taking his statement out of context.

It doesn’t have to be black or white. 

I for real dont understand why they dont just say where this money goes....like Im not a huge conspiracy guy but when you fine players, or commissioners give up their salary in this case, Why not publicly give it to a charity and also it promotes the charity??

I just think its obviously deceptive.....like he is totally getting this money back in some form.....I actually have worked for a non-profit...im sure some of you all do to...has anyone ever heard of NFL money coming in??

Edited by MonserinNC

I don’t read this as a $40M concession. Could be off base, but I’m assuming his paychecks start back up when things are in working order, maybe with organized team activities? It could even be backdated checks. Think there are some misinterpretations here possibly. Still, good on him for doing this. 

• Like 1

Many around the NFL did take pay cuts, according to a memo obtained by ESPN’s Seth Wickersham. The cuts ranged from 5 percent at the manager level to 15 percent for executive vice presidents. No employee with a salary of less than $100,000 had his salary cut, and nobody’s salary was cut to less than $100,000, the memo said. There was also a furlough program for those whose jobs can’t be sufficiently done remotely or whose current workload was significantly reduced. The memo said the NFL hopes to return furloughed employees to their jobs “within a few months.”

Kudos to Goodell and everyone who took a pay cut, wherever the money is going I hope its for a great cause.  

Edited by MossyMoss

On 4/29/2020 at 1:05 PM, Cheesehawk said:

If I made 40 million last year, I also wouldn't need 40 million this year.

Although it is extremely unlikely that you will be getting 40 million two years in a row, I still doubt that even with 40 large in the bank, that you would turn down the next 40 large. Your premise tries to imply that you would. 

49 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Although it is extremely unlikely that you will be getting 40 million two years in a row, I still doubt that even with 40 large in the bank, that you would turn down the next 40 large. Your premise tries to imply that you would. 

If I was a CEO of a company that was at risk of ceasing operations for a year in the midst of a global pandemic and I made 40 million dollars every year as a salary(Goodell was reported in 2012 for making $44 million including bonuses), then yes I would have no problem turning down 40m. 40m is enough for me, my kids, and my kids kids to never have to worry about a thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

If I was a CEO of a company that was at risk of ceasing operations for a year in the midst of a global pandemic and I made 40 million dollars every year as a salary(Goodell was reported in 2012 for making $44 million including bonuses), then yes I would have no problem turning down 40m. 40m is enough for me, my kids, and my kids kids to never have to worry about a thing. 

You are speaking about the concept of "enough" and that's a foreign concept to many - especially on a football board where maximizing income at all costs is always the decider. If I made $40M, I'd work for free after that and that's not just the breakfast beer talking.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

You are speaking about the concept of "enough" and that's a foreign concept to many - especially on a football board where maximizing income at all costs is always the decider. If I made $40M, I'd work for free after that and that's not just the breakfast beer talking.

I’ll believe in a guy on the internet turning down $40m when I see it lmao

you’re talking about a concept that’s foreign to many (having enough) but speculating on a concept that’s foreign to you as well (having a chance to make $40,000,000)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2