Suns, T.J. Warren Agree to 4 Year Extension

DalCowboyzRule

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Worst team in the west?

It's bad only in relativity to the massively stacked West, but yeah they will probably be competing with the Mavs for last place in the West.

One team I really can't get a good read on is the Kings. Depending on how all their new pieces gel, they could either be sneaky good this season or extremely bad.

19 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

It's bad only in relativity to the massively stacked West, but yeah they will probably be competing with the Mavs for last place in the West.

One team I really can't get a good read on is the Kings. Depending on how all their new pieces gel, they could either be sneaky good this season or extremely bad.

I have no idea what's going on with the Mavs. Dirk gonna start at center with Nerlens off the bench??

You expect the Lakers and Kings to finish above them though?

Can't say I expect much out of the Kings this year, but they will be more fun at least.

38 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Yeah I mean maybe. Talent wise we’re probably better than the Lakers, Kings, Dallas, Memphis but we’ll see. 

Just depends how much the young guys grow and health obviously.

Are you guys really that talented though?

I like Booker, but I think he has to be in the convo for most overrated player in the league. Maybe he takes a big leap this year. We'll see.

Bledsoe is cool when he's not injured, but he'll probably end up getting traded at some point.

I like Josh Jackson, but don't think he will be that good as a rookie for you.

Chriss??? lol... he looked bad when I saw him in Summer League which isn't a great sign.

Warren is a nice 6th man.

You do still have the GOAT in Brandon Knight though. 

Really both of our teams are kind of more "potential" than anything. Gotta see how guys grow like you said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 6:01 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Worst team in the west?

Well, back to "Ravens Til I Die"s point about fitting JJ, Warren, and Chriss in, minutes-wise. Really, you just take 48 x 2 then divide by 3, and you 32 MPG for each. Plenty. But seriously, just like the Celtics have to figure out what to do with Tatum, Hayward, and Brown. All are pure SFs, with Hayward being able to play some SG, yet it looks like they will force Brown into that role, just one year after being drafted.  Good luck with that, Then they have Ojeyele and Yabusele, who are SF/PF hybrids...with Yabusele more PF than SF, but still. And that's not even considering Nader. I honestly have NO idea what the Celtics are trying to do; they have no true SG talent on that team; it's all smoke an mirrors.

But as far as the Suns being the worst team in the West, IDK. I know the Whole is not the Sum of its parts, but according to this metric...Value Added...Booker was 11th in the NBA last year, Warren was 13th, Bledsoe was 13th, Chandler and Len were 28th and 34th, so individually, no so good, but between them, we have 2 Centers in the top 34 on the court at all times. So, when the #2 Center has to come off for a breather (Gobert) they replace him with the #54 Center in Diaw. I know it doesn't really work that way, but my point still stands; the Suns have two starter worthy Centers, and Len, if given the opportunity, is showing really well so far, and likely will continue.

Which leaves PF, and yeah, we stink at PF, but if Warren gets some minutes at the 4, maybe not so much, and maybe Chriss and Bender get better. So my thoughts are, we have enough talent in other positions to cover our weakest one. I think if Bledsoe, Booker, Warren, and JJ remain healthy, then shoot, I don't think something to the effect of 36-46 to 38-44 is out of the realm of possibility.

Oh, and BTW...awesome deal. I did read it's actually a 4yr/$47M deal rather than $50M, and they are usually spot on, so I don't know. If it IS only $47M, that's even more of a steal.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/phoenix-suns-team-salary/

• 9 months later...

Archived