Breaking Down Cole Kmet

WindyCity

Detailed analyses of Kmet's skill set, versatility, athleticism from playing both football and baseball and how he and Jimmy Graham create coverage dilemmas for defenses.  Based on these videos I think he is another Gronk and Jordan Reed.  Lets hope he doesn't have the same proness to injuries though?

• Like 1

If we could have waited another year to draft the TE position we may have had more options but quite obviously Nagy felt we could not so we spent a 2nd round pick on a kid who'll probably be a sold TE but not a spectacular one.

The "X" factor with Kmet is that he's local and playing for his hometown team which I believe that despite the added pressure that can create may motivate him to become far more than he might otherwise become.  If he succeeds he'll benefit from his success for years after his career is over.

• Like 1

I actually think that Kmet has additional value to the offense in that it should make Jimmy Graham better and more valuable to the offense.

-You do not have to ask Graham to block as much.

-You do not need to as Graham to play more snaps than he is built for at 34.

• Like 1

Dan Pompei

In a survey of 20 NFL front office men who evaluated tight ends in the draft, only one said he didn’t have Kmet rated in the first two rounds of the draft. Six said they rated him in the first round. The other 11 had him rated right about where the Bears chose him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Dan Pompei

In a survey of 20 NFL front office men who evaluated tight ends in the draft, only one said he didn’t have Kmet rated in the first two rounds of the draft. Six said they rated him in the first round. The other 11 had him rated right about where the Bears chose him.

If I'm honest I worry about the GM who didn't have him in the first two rounds in this draft class.