Assassins Creed Valhalla

Ty21

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Its no surprise but I’m still a little annoyed they’re carrying on with modern Layla. I haven’t cared about her character at all or any modern character since Desmond. Although black flag’s first person thing where you were pretty much no one was cool 

32 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Also loved Odyssey so I'm stoked for this. Only issue is God of War did the Viking theme really really well very recently so this is going to have to be really good to top that.

Hate that the trailer fails to show much of the actual gameplay. But I guess being an AC game I pretty much know exactly how it will look/feel.

I think we’ll get gameplay next Thursday during the Xbox games stream.

edit: Confirmed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Its no surprise but I’m still a little annoyed they’re carrying on with modern Layla. I haven’t cared about her character at all or any modern character since Desmond. Although black flag’s first person thing where you were pretty much no one was cool 

I actually haven’t gotten to her yet from what I remember. I’ve failed to really play Origins and Odyssey past a couple hours. Just got super busy. But I think I’m going to play them this summer finally.

This looks really cool. I've played every AC game except Rogue and Odyssey. I got burned out on open world games for a while (I think some are needlessly big), but I'll probably give Odyssey a go when it's on sale again. This sounds fantastic - I'm glad that they're just committing to the RPG experience. 

It would be fun if AC branched off, since they have at least two studios working on these games, and offered different experiences. It would be fun if one year we got an RPG style, the next year (or two years later) we got a more traditional stealth game. 

Didn't play Origins (I'm watching the story on youtube lol) and I'm currently into Odyssey and love what they turned it into.  3 was solid but Black Flag lost me.  Getting tired of naval stuff just want to beat the brains out of people as a Viking.  I read you can dismember and decapitate!

6 hours ago, Lions017 said:

This looks really cool. I've played every AC game except Rogue and Odyssey. I got burned out on open world games for a while (I think some are needlessly big), but I'll probably give Odyssey a go when it's on sale again. This sounds fantastic - I'm glad that they're just committing to the RPG experience. 

It would be fun if AC branched off, since they have at least two studios working on these games, and offered different experiences. It would be fun if one year we got an RPG style, the next year (or two years later) we got a more traditional stealth game. 

I'm so glad they got rid of the stealth and achievements and in-game things tied to it.  The way they've designed the levels now are perfect.  

Anyway, I am glad that they are going Vikings.  It's been rumored to be Vikings for over a decade if I recall.  They are really pumping the mythology era though.  They touched on it briefly in Origins with the gods of Egypt and Rome (to a lesser extent) and then full-on with Odyssey.  We're going to need a break from this, like I hope they give us a break from ship combat.  

I wish they would do more of the current world stuff.  I've always been a fan of how the modern day ties into things, and we haven't had that much of it since the Desmond arc ended.  I wouldn't mind a game with more current world stuff added, or even split equally.  An open-world modern-day Assassin's Creed would be tough to pull off, but I think it would be a great game.  Maybe that's how you end the current arc when they are ready?  

For the future beyond Vikings, I hope that we get a chance to visit the medieval time period at some point, as well as the Civil War period in America at the time.  I would love their take on that.  Also would love to go to Japan during the samurai time period.  

If you reply to this about anything with Odyssey, please hold off on spoilers as I'm about 50 hours in. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I wish they would do more of the current world stuff.  I've always been a fan of how the modern day ties into things, and we haven't had that much of it since the Desmond arc ended.  I wouldn't mind a game with more current world stuff added, or even split equally.  An open-world modern-day Assassin's Creed would be tough to pull off, but I think it would be a great game.  Maybe that's how you end the current arc when they are ready?  

That's an unpopular opinion ha, feel like mostly you read  people hating the modern day stuff.
Post Desmond I've been kinda whatever about it. I think it's best served in a small dose. 
I don't think a mainline game would necessarily work for Modern day, but I always thought a small spinoff would work.
Something about the size of a Far Cry Blood Dragon. 18-20 hour campaign.
Have it be essentially an announcement of the next game. 

Like it starts and your mission is one thing in one part of the world but then you get whisked away to Korea. Have to sneak around Seoul and escape the high tech city.
Getting some back story on some new Templar movements. Get some more world building.
By the end you message your team to rendezvous in Japan, finally setting up the Feudal Japan game everyone wants.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For the future beyond Vikings, I hope that we get a chance to visit the medieval time period at some point, as well as the Civil War period in America at the time.  I would love their take on that.  Also would love to go to Japan during the samurai time period.  

It would be nice to kinda chill in the region and build upon this game in a sense. 
Do a game called AC: Kingdom

You'd have a time jump from Valhalla a couple centuries or so.
You could have your character being a younglord/Duke/whatever with their own land, which is the progression of our settlement from Valhalla like many towns in England are.
Gameplay loop is you have to defend your lands or attack foes. Make allies where you can, which with next gen could be a split RPG path. Basically you will be building a Kingdom (duh). upgrading your Castle, with an injection of story of Christianity/Catholicism growing it's influence to fit into the larger narrative of AC. Templar influence really digging it's teeth into Europe. Finding some of the relics left by the Valhalla Main character helps kinda add a new path and side story.

Middle part of the game. You are pressed into being a crusader trying to free the Holy Land. But learn of the Templars and what plans they have have. This is the 2nd crusade and we get a connection from this sort of Norse/English assassins to Altair's sect of the Brotherhood (though AC1 is about a generation away still).
But it allows you to kind of do a prequel to AC1 from a new perspective.

This would just be a nice middle game shake up of AC:Kingdom.
You start building up your kingdom in part 1, go on the 2nd Crusade and learn of the Assassin's brotherhood there and what the Templars are doing and get betrayed.
After a few years you return to England to find your lands and kingdom taken from you. And you need to lean on your new stealth abilities and reforging your alliances (and making new ones) to take back your kingdom.

Could do an online base defense mode set while you're character recovering/training in the holy land (ie the part the main game montages over)
You and a couple other players fend off waves of crusaders. Building XP, unlocks, skills that you then have in the main game. Or not idk

They wrote themselves into such a corner with the modern day stuff that they literally tied up the Juno plotline in a comic book about Desmond's secret kid who's also assassin Jesus. It's beyond the point where they should have abandoned it now, because it's obviously a train that leads to nowhere, they can only dangle the carrot on the stick so many times before they need to just give me the effing carrot.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan