Week 4: DOUGIE P TAKES LA: Eagles (2-1) vs Chargers (0-3) GDT

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Having an analytics guy is fine. But when that analytics guy says go for it on 4th and 8 that guy needs to be fired. And when the HC blindly agrees with an analytics guy to go for it on 4th and 8 there’s something wrong.

The HC and playcaller (both Doug) needs to exercise situational awareness. Ostensibly, we don’t pay the analytics guy to do that.

Statistics should never overshadow common sense.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Sensing a let down game here. 

dougie did learn from andy so losing to a team you should beat happens a couple times a year. 

Unless you're referring to their record the word "should" shouldn't be used. The Chargers could easily be 2-1 as well if they had any semblance of a competent Kicker. This game and the Chargers in particular are far from a gimme win with or without our Injuries or idiot HC! Them being in a must win situation makes it even worse IMO.

If We win, I'll be impressed actualy.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:49 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

We don't really have the toughest 3 game stretch rn facing the Chargers, Cardinals, and Panthers.

But, it would still hurt not to have our best defender for a few weeks.

In better news? Jordan Hicks was a full participant today.

Tougher schedule than the team's records indicate...

San Diego is in a must win situation. They know 0-4 means 0.0001 percent chance of sniffing the butt of the postseason. But, on the other hand, they are also the most unlucky team in football and have been since like 2007 lol. I love Rivers and feel bad for the guy, but I'm really hoping that he just has given up now. Dude has had the worst luck as his team goes, openly was against the LA move, and is now playing in LA in an MLS stadium that cant even sell out 32k seats and basically every home game has more opposing fans. U gotta think that this stuff affects a dudes psyche. 

If we lose this game, I think it will be a sign that we aren't ready to contend for a playoff spot yet. If somehow none of Cox, Peters, McLeod, Hicks, and co are able to play......we might lose and it won't mean that much. 

Is Cox officially out?? I think we might be better off in this game having say McLeod and Hicks back without Cox than vice versa.

OH and in regards to your post TRM....

Arizona still has a very good defense. Has been in every game they've played, and let's not forget that they have our kryptonite on their team. AKA Larry freaking Fitzgerald.

And Carolina might have a healthier Cam back by the time we play them. I actually think we could contain McCaffrey better than most teams. OUR defense matches up with their offense well really. But they still have a defense that can play at a high level at any time any week (or not). Their pass rush could give us problems. 

I predict we beat San Diego 34-20.

Lose to Zona 22-14.

beat Carolina 24-13

4-2 would be cool wit me

Archived