Sign in to follow this  
KingTitan

Titans to sign Johnathan Joseph-CB

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

JRob making chess moves to get clowney 

This did not play out well for the White Sox and their pursuit of Manny Machado. They signed his best friend and traded for his brother in law. He elected to go to the Padres haha

I think this probably keeps our last draft pick off the roster, unless he really balls.  But makes good depth even better depth.

Jackson, Butler, Fulton, Smith, Joseph is a crazy good set of corners.  Coverage sacks please.

Preferred Amukamara but hey I guess more zone heavy scheme been but don’t break 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ Damn veteran presence we need guys that run, & play bump & run 

Besides the Clowney relationship, we’ve also lost a lot of veterans this offseason and every report says Joseph is a great locker room guy. Plus he’s also been in Houston for the entire BOB tenure, so that’s not a bad thing to have around.

i think there may be something to this as far as the connection goes. at the very least, clowney most def has paid attention to this signing.

At this point anything JRob does I simply nod and show approval

While many GMs are playing checkers, Robinson is playing chess.

There is no way this isn't motivated by trying to sign Clowney. That being said it doesn't hurt to have another veteran for the youngsters and one with knowledge of a rival.

He won't be starting and is quality depth. Win win.

7 hours ago, Titan89 said:

While many GMs are playing checkers, Robinson is playing chess.

There is no way this isn't motivated by trying to sign Clowney. That being said it doesn't hurt to have another veteran for the youngsters and one with knowledge of a rival.

He won't be starting and is quality depth. Win win.

Still preferred Amukamara we need speed his wheels are long gone. He’s going to be that Hairy Douglass, Eric Moulds. End of the road player 😫

47 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Still preferred Amukamara we need speed his wheels are long gone. He’s going to be that Hairy Douglass, Eric Moulds. End of the road player 😫

Fine with me so long as he teaches Fulton a thing or two as a No. 5.

This is probably a money thing. Joseph is coming off a2 year /10M contact... And he poetically gets around half of that (2.5M).

It's a good depth move, and gives us a nice top 5 with Smith king him for that 4th spot. Fulton adds speed along with Adoree, but if we're playing a zone heavy scheme, Joseph's experience will make up for his lack of speed.