CB Jonathan Joseph to Tennessee

ET80

I think this is worthy of discussion - Joseph was one of our foundational guys for a long time, and now he's going to a division rival.

It'll hurt watching him play against us, but - from a football perspective - you know who you have to target if he's on the field. Pretty much every receiver he's assigned to is going to be open, the team needs to exploit that.

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

Also we declined Conley's 5th year option.... that sounds stoopid right now (esp. if he plays well this year)

If he does, he earns a monster extension - bit I think he is who he is, and probably doesn't deserve a $10mm 5th year.

I think it's a smart play overall, let him play Y4 and then work to get an extension going. If he outplays $10mm...that means we probably had a really good defense.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

If he does, he earns a monster extension - bit I think he is who he is, and probably doesn't deserve a $10mm 5th year.

I think it's a smart play overall, let him play Y4 and then work to get an extension going. If he outplays $10mm...that means we probably had a really good defense.

He would have to have a monster year to make more than 10 million next year 

• Like 1