NBA 2k18 Franchise - Grizzlies Need a Rebuild

MKnight82

Player/Team Options

PF Jarell Martin (75) - $2.42 mil – young cheap player, worth bringing back.

PG Andrew Harrison (74) - $1.54 mil – since I drafted no one there’s no reason not to bring him back.

PG Wade Baldwin (73) - $1.96 mil – same as Harrison. 

Qualifying Offers

None.  

Free Agency

I’m building through the draft, so I’m not looking to sign anyone except maybe a long term project. 

Signed C Reggie Barlow – 3 years, $3.02 mil – 19 year old 7’1” Center prospect with B Potential. 

Signed SG Patrick McCaw – 3 years, $7.50 mil – I needed another SG for the roster and he’s young with potential. 

Signed C Larry Sanders - 1 year, $1.85 mil - I have to have 14 players signed to the roster and Gasol needs a backup.

Major Contract Signings:

C Greg Monroe – Bucks – 4 years, $105.69 mil (yikes)

C Jusuf Nurkic – Trailblazers – 3 years, $59.18 mil

C Clint Capela – Rockets – 4 years, $111.54 mil (yikes again)

SF Paul George – Knicks – 1 year, $22.59 mil (why did he sign this?)

SF Kevin Durant – Bulls – 2 years, $56.72 mil (another weird one)

Opening Day Roster - Year 2
Position Name OVR Age Years Remaining Current Annual Salary (mil)
PG Cory Joseph 78 27 1 $7.95
SG Patrick McCaw 77 22 3 $2.38
SF Jackson Baldwin 85 20 4 $5.88
PF Deyonta Davis 76 21 1 $1.54
C Marc Gasol 89 33 2 $24.12

PG Andrew Harrison 76 23 1 $1.54
PG Wade Baldwin 74 22 2 $1.96
SG Ben McLemore 75 25 1 $5.46
SF Furkan Korkmaz 76 21 3 $1.74
SF Rade Zagorac 72 23 2 $1.38
PF Jarell Martin 74 24 1 $2.42
PF Ivan Rabb 71 21 2 $1.38
C Larry Sanders 73 29 1 $1.85
C Reggie Barlow 62 20 3 $958k
Empty          

SF Jackson Baldwin will only be on the roster until I can trade him for picks after the 30 day waiting period.  I have one empty roster spot right now, but I'm going to keep it open in case someone wants to give me a pick for a salary dump or something.  I will probably designate Barlow to the G League for the year.  

Strategy This Season

The Grizzlies don’t have their own pick, so tanking doesn’t help me, I'm going to really suck anyways though.  I currently have no first round picks for the 2019 draft, which is really bad considering I drafted no one last year.  I’m hoping to flip Baldwin for a high pick or two.  I’d love to move Gasol but the computer won’t make any offers for him so far.  I’d like to go into the 2019 draft with two first round picks somehow. 

*TRADE*

Atlanta Hawks Receive

SF Jackson Baldwin (85)

Memphis Grizzlies Receive

2019 Hawks 1st Round Pick (unprotected)

2019 Cavaliers 1st Round Pick (top 10 protected)

2022 Hawks 1st Round Pick (unprotected)

C Miles Plumlee (69)

I had to take on Plumlee to make the salaries work, but this is a big haul for Baldwin.  I’m hoping the Hawks pick is a lottery pick, and I got a 2nd 2019 pick from the Cavs, but that’ll be a late pick.  The future first from the Hawks is just icing on the cake. 

12 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'm done already :(

Lol sorry.  It took forever simming through all the GM story mode crap last night.  Also I had to make the spreadsheets up from scratch so it took longer than usual.  I hope to get through season 2 tonight and have my first draft posted by the end of the night.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol sorry.  It took forever simming through all the GM story mode crap last night.  Also I had to make the spreadsheets up from scratch so it took longer than usual.  I hope to get through season 2 tonight and have my first draft posted by the end of the night.  

Oh yeah cool don't use the spreadsheet I made for you... jk

Is myGM that bad this year? lol I probably won't get this game until football season is over or until it goes on some sort of sale. Have they fixed the multiplayer online franchise yet or nah?

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Is myGM that bad this year? lol I probably won't get this game until football season is over or until it goes on some sort of sale. Have they fixed the multiplayer online franchise yet or nah?

Its pretty screwed up the first year since it has a predetermined draft class and a forced storyline on you, which is awful.  It gets back to normal after year 1 since the story ends.  

I haven't tried online yet.  I doubt they changed it.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Its pretty screwed up the first year since it has a predetermined draft class and a forced storyline on you, which is awful.  It gets back to normal after year 1 since the story ends.  

I haven't tried online yet.  I doubt they changed it.  

It's almost like they don't realize that people like to play the same game mode more than once. After this one will you try myLeague? Do an expansion team with your rules. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

It's almost like they don't realize that people like to play the same game mode more than once. After this one will you try myLeague? Do an expansion team with your rules. 

Idk maybe.  I'm going to try to take this one 25 years.  

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What was in patch 3?

It was meant to correct some of the contract problems, draft and stash problems and draft class generation issues they were encountering.  It came out yesterday evening/last night.  I haven't gotten to play around with it yet, or read much user testing, to see if they're getting their intended results yet. 

Archived