Bengals cutting Andy Dalton

Drained

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think he's going to try to pull a Tannehill - find a team with a young QB who might be on his "last chance" before they're phased out, see if he can dazzle in the Preseason and then get going midway through the season and earn an extension as the starter.

I don't know who fits this mold though. San Francisco? I like Garropolo, so this doesn't really feel like an option (but Dalton would be good in a Kyle Shanahan offense). Atlanta, maybe? Detroit?

There's gotta be someone else.

Broncos, Elway has to win, if Lock sucks. plug and play.

Andy Dalton is a decent QB in my mind. I like what Minshew did in Jax, but he definitely makes the Patriots significantly better. I do hope the Pats stick with Stidham though - I want to see what happens. I expect their fans will be booing relentlessly throughout all 16 games. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

We handled Andy fine, as best as we could given the circumstances. I’ll admit the benching was bad timing, but other than that we’ve been on his side the entire time trying to find him a team that he prefers. 

Welcome to the board, btw. You sound like a real ray of sunshine. 

Uh...personal shot aside.

Dalton, a normally really mild mannered guy in the media, openly complained about the timing of his benching because the team never gave him a warning or allowed him to possibly seek a trade. The basically threw away a prime year of his career because of their incompetence. I'd hardly call that "on his side the entire time." Bengals doing Bengal things.

Edited by Fidgit

5 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

Dalton, a normally really mild mannered guy in the media, openly complained about the timing of his benching because the team never gave him a warning or allowed him to possibly seek a trade. 

And what was the alternative? Bench him when we’re 0-6 with over half a season left when we’re still trying to win? How about 0-7? Would an extra week would have been enough time to strike a deal? Would we even be offered the compensation we were after, or any compensation at all? No one plans on going 0-8. We took it one week at a time. It was in the best interest of the franchise to make the move (to tank, and to see what we have in Finley). We gave Andy ample time. It was squandered. 

16 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

The basically threw away a prime year of his career because of their incompetence.

Oh, give me a break. It was half a season of him playing some unappealing football. 

18 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

I'd hardly call that "on his side the entire time."

I’m talking about the offseason. We refused to trade Andy anywhere he didn’t approve. 

24 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

Bengals doing Bengal things.

I don’t even know what this means.

49 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

Andy Dalton is a decent QB in my mind. I like what Minshew did in Jax, but he definitely makes the Patriots significantly better. I do hope the Pats stick with Stidham though - I want to see what happens. I expect their fans will be booing relentlessly throughout all 16 games. 

They should have a button that's you can press when you read something you dislike.  Lets me say something, I expect the Rams organization to have a glue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Silver is $$$ with Jags tidbits.

This would make me happy, because this would probably put the Jags out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Dalton doesn't make Jacksonville a contender, but it puts them into a 7-9 to 9-7 window.

My worst nightmare is Lawrence to Jax...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This would make me happy, because this would probably put the Jags out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. Dalton doesn't make Jacksonville a contender, but it puts them into a 7-9 to 9-7 window.

My worst nightmare is Lawrence to Jax...

We aren't getting 1st overall regardless.

Minshew, with a defense full of guys picked up off the street, TE's like Seth DeValve starting, and an OL that forced Foles to be benched won 6 of 12 starts.

Schedules changed but we aren't bad enough to pick first overall. Dalton would be a perfect guy to show Minshew the ropes/help Gruden mentor Gardner.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

watch some team no one expects at the moment win the Trevor sweepstakes

Probably what will happen.

Most of the terrible teams also have young QBs. Only one currently that I see in sweepstakes that could jump on Lawrence while having one is Washington. Maybe NYG but I also don't see them being 1st overall pick material.