Goodbye Andy

Johnny Nix

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

Dallas is a surprise,  but I guess it sort of makes sense. Still,  he's backup only there, unless he knows something we don't. 

Not as much if you think about it.  In the Gen thread, I mentioned Dallas as a likely landing spot if he came to grips with not starting.  The Cowboys are still dancing with Dak on a new contract, so this is insurance in case Dak holds out, or if he gets injured.  If Andy insisted on starting, it was down to Jax or maybe NE, if the Pats could create enough cap space.

Cowboys could revoke their franchise tender on Prescott until he signs it. If I were him, I'd sign it today. If Cowboys revoke tender, then Dak becomes a free agent and could still sign a long term deal with team. But other teams already have their starters lined up for 2020. 

15 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Not as much if you think about it.  In the Gen thread, I mentioned Dallas as a likely landing spot if he came to grips with not starting.  The Cowboys are still dancing with Dak on a new contract, so this is insurance in case Dak holds out, or if he gets injured.  If Andy insisted on starting, it was down to Jax or maybe NE, if the Pats could create enough cap space.

Jax and NE must not have had any interest.  I think this is what we should surmise with Andy signing with Dallas.

The 1 year deal gives Andy a longshot to play if something goes wrong with Dak, but gives him another shot at it next year when maybe the market isn't so flooded with QB options.

17 minutes ago, theJ said:

Jax and NE must not have had any interest.  I think this is what we should surmise with Andy signing with Dallas.

The 1 year deal gives Andy a longshot to play if something goes wrong with Dak, but gives him another shot at it next year when maybe the market isn't so flooded with QB options.

Lending credence to that is that Dallas is where he already had a permanent home as well.  No moving the kids to an unfamiliar place, setting up in a new area, and all the hassle that goes with that for a 1 year stop gap.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Lending credence to that is that Dallas is where he already had a permanent home as well.  No moving the kids to an unfamiliar place, setting up in a new area, and all the hassle that goes with that for a 1 year stop gap.

Yep. Not to mention the pandemic throwing an extra wrench in this as well.