Here we go again... Lamar Jackson bad takes Pt 3

diamondbull424

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

What's really weird about the bias towards Lamar is how hard it is to pin down. Like I'm sure his ethnicity plays a part for some people, but that really seems to be a minuscule percentage of his true detractors motivations. Cause those same people will heap praise/hype upon other less proven/talented QBs of color. 

Lamar occupies a singular place in the world of criticism imo. 

What I can't stand the most are those who are secretly hoping he gets injured, just so their lazy "It can't be sustained" takes come true in some way or another. They're just F'n ghouls.

Read: the Browns fans on this website/twitter

They made their bed in the 2018 offseason after Baker and Lamar's rookie year when they were legit calling Baker a HOF quarterback and Lamar a bust. They want so bad to have something better than us, and they thought they did with their quarterback. It turned out so comically wrong last year, and they hold a grudge against Lamar for it. So most of them spout either "he'll get hurt" OR my new personal favorite these days, "can he keep up this level of play/improve?" so that they have some bass ackwards argument that if Lamar doesn't keep up as a unanimous MVP type player every single year they can feed their egos with "see, he couldn't sustain it, i'll still take Baker"!

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

"see, he couldn't sustain it, i'll still take Baker"!

All of the Baker Mayfield AVIs on this site went extinct. 

They don't believe in 'their guy' anymore and will continue to try and warp the reality of Lamar.

Though the whole MVP thing kind of put a dent in their plans. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

All of the Baker Mayfield AVIs on this site went extinct. 

They don't believe in 'their guy' anymore and will continue to try and warp the reality of Lamar.

Though the whole MVP thing kind of put a dent in their plans. 

Lamar will have to win two MVPs for sure or else in their eyes he will only be Cam Newton 2.0 in their eyes... whenever he has a bad series of games or even a subpar season... the Newton gaslighting will begin.

^ Reminds me of a thread i started in NFL Gen last offseason where i posted that article Warren wrote talking about how everyone was underestimating Lamar’s throwing ability....that one definitely had some all-time bad takes, I may try to find it one day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

^ Reminds me of a thread i started in NFL Gen last offseason where i posted that article Warren wrote talking about how everyone was underestimating Lamar’s throwing ability....that one definitely had some all-time bad takes, I may try to find it one day

I grave dug that one up at some point. There were a ton of Lamar threads last offseason so I think it was that one... but I think that thread had the most blatantly bad takes. 😂

You know what... I was going to grave dig it but someone beat me to it by like 5-10 minutes, I think it was a Bengals fan.

• Like 2

I've never seen a MVP disrespected as much as Lamar. There are Raider fans saying its "debatable" Derek freaking Carr is better then Lamar because of the playoff game. 

LJ can win the super bowl next year, play great all throughout the playoffs and he will still have his detractors. I feel like there are a group of people just waiting on him to get hurt. It really is sad and disturbing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I've never seen a MVP disrespected as much as Lamar. There are Raider fans saying its "debatable" Derek freaking Carr is better then Lamar because of the playoff game. 

LJ can win the super bowl next year, play great all throughout the playoffs and he will still have his detractors. I feel like there are a group of people just waiting on him to get hurt. It really is sad and disturbing.

Agree absolutely. The injury wishers are for sure the worst. I mean everyone knows injuries are a part of the game... but hoping for it to happen as a means of validating a position already benefited by a changing of goalposts is just the worst kind of “fan” of the game for sure.

Oh and 1200th like.

• Like 1