Bears sign Trevor Davis and Ted Ginn

beardown3231

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

In trouble as in how? If they get rid of him they'd be insane. Keep in mind he covers punts and kicks. 

58 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Patterson should be extended not gotten rid of. He's the exact type of player you want. As for Ginn I would be shocked if he doesn't make the roster. He's stuck around for a long time and is easily the better #4 option right now. 

Like I said I love Patterson, but it's strange that they just signed 2 receivers who not only are fast but are good returners.

I'd be pissed if they got rid of him, but these 2 signings specifically raise question marks for me.

Insurance to upgrade for Wims, even Ridley 

This move has notging to do with returning kicks. Not only is Patterson the best KR in the NFL, he is also one of the best (if not the best) Gunners/coverage guys in the NFL

pretty meh signing, but a seasoned Gin could become a good #3-#5 WR for us

Wims & Ridley squarely on notice 

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Like I said I love Patterson, but it's strange that they just signed 2 receivers who not only are fast but are good returners.

I'd be pissed if they got rid of him, but these 2 signings specifically raise question marks for me.

Maybe Patterson will be used more on offense? That would be ideal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Another theory disproved. :ph34r: LOL

Let's not make this more complex than it is.  Pace likes competition and Ginn is competition.

I think the experience also plays a role, with a limited offseason program.  Rookie WRs barely see any real playing time with the Bears, especially a day 3 pick.

• Like 1

This is one of the things Pace does well, he basically always has competition in camp. He also does alot with having each room be competent. 

I posted in a Jameis Winston thread, that I almost think Winston should be paying THEM to be coached by Payton and Brees for a year. I love the idea of Ginn just being in the room. Being a deep threat for 15 years and working with 2 MVPS in Cam and Brees is valuable by itself. I still think coach on the field is valuable.

13 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I think the experience also plays a role, with a limited offseason program.  Rookie WRs barely see any real playing time with the Bears, especially a day 3 pick.

Exactly.  Ginn's contract has a cap hit that not likely to be much more than Mooney's and he's a proven deep threat.  Mooney is still 100% potential.

• Like 2

I don’t mind Ginn in a vacuum.  We need him actually.

But we drafted a BPA in Ridley who was supposed to be this 2nd round value.  We traded up for Miller and Wims has been sticking around.  We signed Robinson and Patterson.  We play Cohen at WR.  

Then we passed over solid starting potential OL prospects for Mooney who looks tiny on film.  I don’t care what his measurements supposedly are.   They said Mack’s little brother was 6’10 or something and you see his highlights and he is head shorter than all his teammates.

I am exaggerating of course, but you get my meaning.    

We are wasting picks IMO and spraying one target because we keep missing.