Bears sign WR Ted Ginn Jr

SteelKing728

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Kinda reminds me of a worse version of Reggie, never had that one real "Wow" year (though Reggie had a couple really good ones with the Dolphins) but stuck around forever and contributed forever.

It's weird - 10 years ago if you told me Ginn would still be in the league and Calvin Johnson would be retired, I'd call you a fool.

Yet, here we are.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's weird - 10 years ago if you told me Ginn would still be in the league and Calvin Johnson would be retired, I'd call you a fool.

Yet, here we are.

Ted Ginn Jr will have had a longer career than: Calvin Johnson, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Anquan Bolden, Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Marshall. Guys who all have a legitimate argument to go to the Hall of Fame.

If he plays one more year after this one he will have played longer than Andre Johnson and TO. Of the players I listed, the only ones with more Playoff games played are Wayne and Ward.

So bizarre.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Starless said:

Looking back at that first round in 2007 and you see names like Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Lynch, Revis, Timmons, Beason, Staley... and yet only two are left standing: Greg Olsen, and Ginn - the guy everyone thought was a massive reach at the time and the guy who was traded after 3 seasons for a 5th rounder. 

The NFL is weird. 

AD is still playing for the Redskins.

• Like 1

Guy still has the speed. When he's wide open Brees usually missed him a little short, but when Brees put it on the money he usually dropped it. Frustrating player, but I think he added an underrated part to our offense. Best of luck to him.

10 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ted Ginn Jr will have had a longer career than: Calvin Johnson, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Anquan Bolden, Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Marshall. Guys who all have a legitimate argument to go to the Hall of Fame.

If he plays one more year after this one he will have played longer than Andre Johnson and TO. Of the players I listed, the only ones with more Playoff games played are Wayne and Ward.

So bizarre.

and if he wasn't hurt in the playoffs for SF, that team makes the superbowl because kyle williams doesnt have the opportunity to fumble twice

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Turnobili said:

any topic about the bears passing game will just remind me that they decided to trade a 4th round pick for a QB with a big contract instead of signing winston or Cam

Winston is a turnover machine.

• 138 picks+fumbles in 72 games
  • Not one single team in the NFL considered him as a starter.

Cam is 23-23 with an 82.6 rating since his MVP season and he's coming off 2 big injuries.

• Hes also a 30+ year old running back now.
  • He's been sacked 311 times and hes taken a pounding on almost 1000 carries
  • Not one single team in the NFL considered him as a starter.

Winston and Newton have no experience or known ability to thrive in the Bears system.

How about familiarity and confidence in performance?

• Nagy scouted and drafted Foles in Philly.
  • Bill Lazor was Foles QB coach when he had 27 TDs to 2 picks during the 3rd highest passer rating season in history.
    • Foles walked off the field in the playoffs with a lead that year.
  • DeFilippo was Foles QB coach when he was Super Bowl MVP.

Want to try Andy Dalton while you are at it?

Foles is 3rd on this list. Cam is 114th. Winston does not appear.

Foles is 7th on this list. Cam is 18th and Winston does not appear.

Foles is 25th on this list. Winston is 31st.. Cam is 34th.