Bears sign S Tashaun Gipson

CBears019

This years Haha...solid vet on a low value contract...looking at their performances last year we should get similar production...

Gipson - 3.6 tackles per game...0.57 PBU per game...0.21 INT per game

Haha - 4.8 tackles per game...0.31 PBU per game...0.12 INT per game

If he slots in and plays the same role as Haha he will be a solid pick up...hopefully Bush can push him for the starting role.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Really wish they'd commit to an ITB SS type which is the safety they had when Jackson was best, but whatever

The Bears will be flexible as to who does what, but I think Gipson is more than capable of being a "thumper" type. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I wouldn't say Amos is an ITB safety. He's a fast coverage guy, that can lay people out.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The Bears will be flexible as to who does what, but I think Gipson is more than capable of being a "thumper" type. 

Amos is a fast guy who can hit, but having another FS guy (see HHCD last year) doesn't put Jackson in position to be the free lancing ballhawk that he is. It showed last year when he wasn't around the ball as much as he was in 2017 and 2018.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's why I wanted Delpit. I also think Tre Boston (signed with CAR) or Clayton Geathers (still a FA) would've been better signings.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

At 6'1"/212lbs he'll be the biggest Safety in the building and he has also played at SS.

I like this signing.  He's this years "Rent-a-Safety" so we didn't need to draft one.  Damn but Pace has a little Bill Belichick in him after all.

Just gotta be certain his back has recovered from whatever put him on IR late last season.

• Like 2