Higgins

So I saw an article on Higgins staying in Cleveland on bleacher report. Not sure how to post it. Anyways, it went on about how he was in the doghouse with kitchen and such and he turned down multiple offers that were more money to stay in Cleveland.  I think him staying with us is a great thing. He said in the article it wasn’t about fame and glory or money. He wants to stay and win and basically loved the relationship and chemistry with baker. I know stef doesn’t run a lot of 3 wr sets but man you get a kid that’s hungry like that and chooses football first it can never be bad.

The article I saw (and didn't read) said he came back because of Baker. Baker certainly has to step up his game on the field but his teammates have always liked him. He also has a good circle around the league and hopefully he will be able to recruit players for us in the future, something we haven't had the ability to do in 30 years unless it was all about money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

So I saw an article on Higgins staying in Cleveland on bleacher report. Not sure how to post it. Anyways, it went on about how he was in the doghouse with kitchen and such and he turned down multiple offers that were more money to stay in Cleveland.  I think him staying with us is a great thing. He said in the article it wasn’t about fame and glory or money. He wants to stay and win and basically loved the relationship and chemistry with baker. I know stef doesn’t run a lot of 3 wr sets but man you get a kid that’s hungry like that and chooses football first it can never be bad.

Here's your article TB10

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889607-rashard-higgins-on-new-contract-ive-been-through-hell-and-back-with-browns

• Like 2

Ive been repping this kid since the before we drafted him.

This is fantastic news.

If OBJ and Landry werent so close, Higgins would've been a great replacement for Jarvis and his massive salary 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, NudeTayne said:

I hope somehow Hollywood stays in Cleveland for years and thrives. It would be amazing if we had 3 1k receivers in one year.

Sure as hell won’t happen in Stef’s offense. Might get 2WRs and a TE with 1k yards. 

On 5/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, OhioG said:

Ive been repping this kid since the before we drafted him.

This is fantastic news.

If OBJ and Landry werent so close, Higgins would've been a great replacement for Jarvis and his massive salary 

I like Higgins but I don’t see Him as a great replacement. He could be an adequate replacement. Landry is one of the better WRs in the league. Higgins still has to prove things

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Sure as hell won’t happen in Stef’s offense. Might get 2WRs and a TE with 1k yards. 

Hooper isnt a 1k guy imo, more like a handy 7-800. I could see two Tes going 600ish each and obj and jarvis going 1100 or more.

I like Higgins but I don’t see Him as a great replacement. He could be an adequate replacement. Landry is one of the better WRs in the league. Higgins still has to prove things

Agreed. he is a solid 3, not a 2.

Edited by Kiwibrown

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hooper isnt a 1k guy imo, more like a handy 7-800. I could see two Tes going 600ish each and obj and jarvis going 1100 or more

I’m just saying. The only way we would see 3 1000k yard pass catches is with one of them being a TE. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’m hoping Donovan Peoples-Jones can have a Darius Slayton impact day 1. So it would be hard for Higgins to get touches.

I hope we at least keep Higgins around. 

Don’t see it happening. Slayton was one target behind from leading the team in targets. Browns are rarely going to use a 3rd WR. When they do it will be because Jarvis or OBJ need a rest or something like they are in a weird situation, the Vet Higgins can step right in. I don’t see a rookie WR making a huge impact for this team unless we see a string of injuries that take OBJ and Jarvis both out