Justin Fields Will Be Better Than Trevor Lawrence

sshle_

I've watched both these guys throw and from an accuracy standpoint, Fields makes much better throws than Lawrence.  He also sees the field better than Lawrence does. 

A lot of what Lawrence does reminds me of Jameis Winston coming out of FSU. He will not be able to beat teams in the NFL by just throwing deep balls on the outside. 

I'd also say that Fields reminds me a lot of an more athletic McNabb. 

Lawrence's comparisons:

Floor: Tim Tebow

Middle: Jameis Winston

Ceiling: Athletic Matthew Stafford (very slim chance I see him reaching this.)

Field's comparisons:

Floor: Donovan McNabb

Ceiling: Aaron Rodgers 

Thoughts? 

Edited by sshle_

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Floor for Fields is McNabb? Yeah I don’t agree with that. His floor isn’t that high.

I really couldn't think of a floor for him so I found an athletic QB who could throw a wild deep ball and had success in college. 

My point is, his floor is a zero impact QB in the NFL. To me, he is closer to that than any projected ceiling he has. 

Edited by sshle_

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Floor for Fields is McNabb? Yeah I don’t agree with that. His floor isn’t that high.

He is definitely a head of his development as A College QB. He throws a much better ball than most QBs coming out. He is also good with his accuracy, with maybe needing a little work on his short passes. He can also beat you with his feet. 

Edited by sshle_

Just now, sshle_ said:

He is definitely a head of his development as A College QB. He throws a much better ball (deep, middle short) than most QBs coming out. He is also good with his accuracy, with maybe needing a little work on his short passes. He can also beat you with his feet. 

you just described Lawrence lol

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

I really couldn't think of a floor for him so I found an athletic QB who could throw a wild deep ball and had success in college. 

My point is, his floor is a zero impact QB in the NFL 

Lawrence’s floor is a zero impact QB that flames out of the league in a few seasons, and Fields’ floor is just south of a HOFer?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Lawrence’s floor is a zero impact QB that flames out of the league in a few seasons, and Fields’ floor is just south of a HOFer?

Yes, Feild's posses in the pocket, accuracy and reading the defence is far ahead of Lawrence. Care to tell me just how different Lawrence and Winston are? 

Also, for what I've seen so far, I'd take Trey Lance over Trevor Lawrence too. Lance will need to sit for a year and develop, but his legs will get him some success in the NFL. 

He's similar to Lawrence in every other category, with just a a 20% better deep ball. 

29 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

Yes, Feild's posses in the pocket, accuracy and reading the defence is far ahead of Lawrence. Care to tell me just how different Lawrence and Winston are? 

Arm talent? Mobility? Decision making? Mechanics? I’m not a draftnik but it doesn’t take one to see Lawrence is nothing like Winston and certainly not even on the same planet as Tebow. 

Honestly - and with no shade being cast at all - it’s hard to take anyone seriously when they say a guy’s floor is a borderline HOFer. Any player can bust or underwhelm. 

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Arm talent? Mobility? Decision making? Mechanics? I’m not a draftnik but it doesn’t take one to see Lawrence is nothing like Winston and certainly not even on the same planet as Tebow. 

Honestly - and with no shade being cast at all - it’s hard to take anyone seriously when they say a guy’s floor is a borderline HOFer. Any player can bust or underwhelm. 

Don't let the INT numbers mislead you. A lot of Lawrence's highlights come from poorly thrown deep balls against weak competition.  Sure Lawrence can run.  Both FSU and Clemson offences are much similar.