Charles Harris Traded to Falcons

soflbillsfan

On 5/1/2020 at 5:43 PM, Awsi Dooger said:

Absolutely. The Dolphins repeated the same mistake they made with Dion Jordan, who was another edge rusher reject based on all the tests that project so well to that position. The top guys on the draft forum of the Dolphins site Finheaven were in absolute horrors over the Harris pick, especially with T.J Watt just sitting there. He was the exact opposite of Harris. All of the analytics screamed that Watt had ideal athletic traits.

Taco Charlton was also projected to bust, although not nearly to the certainty of Charles Harris. I'll post those summaries from SackSEER below.

I am happy the Dolphins didn't allow Harris to make it to camp. It would have been a waste of time. He was borderline for a 2019 caliber Dolphins roster. Now that it's a step upward he doesn't belong. Basically the only thing he can so is a moderate speed spin move that fools nobody and is hilarious when he attempts it again and again, as the tackle mostly laughs at him while waiting for the spin to finish. Just yesterday on Finheaven I posted that Jason Strowbridge, the 5th round pick out of North Carolina, has plenty of flaws and is not anything special, but at least he's better than Charles Harris. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2017/sackseer-2017

Interestingly enough, the Falcons pick of Takk McKinley was given a ~23 sack through 5 years projection. He's definitely on pace for that. He has 16.5 through the first 3.