Best prospects at each position past decade

Bearerofnews

Since im not as keen on the college level, more of the college expert level posters can offer some levity to this thread. 

What are the top prospects at each position the past 10 years, which prospect ended up the best and where did that prospect initially rank. 

QB

RB

TE

WR

OT

OG

OC

DE

DT

OLB

ILB/MLB

CB

SAFETY

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Some of the prospects that I remember with the most predraft hype...

Nndamukong Suh, Andrew Luck, Jadaveon Clowney, Julio Jones, Joey Bosa, Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkley

Good list. I'd add Chase Young, Myles Garrett, and i think Patrick Peterson had some serious hype.

Just based on what I remember in terms of overall sentiment on these prospects.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Saquon Barkley

TE - O.J. Howard (slightly ahead of Ebron and Hockenson IMO)

WR - A.J. Green / Julio Jones

OT - Trent Williams

OG - Quenten Nelson

OC - Ryan Kelly

DE - Chase Young

DT - Ndamukong Suh

OLB - Von Miller

ILB/MLB - Luke Kuechly

CB - Patrick Peterson

SAFETY - Eric Berry /  Jamal Adams

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just based on what I remember in terms of overall sentiment on these prospects.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Saquon Barkley

TE - O.J. Howard (slightly ahead of Ebron and Hockenson IMO)

WR - A.J. Green / Julio Jones

OT - Trent Williams

OG - Quenten Nelson

OC - Ryan Kelly

DE - Chase Young

DT - Ndamukong Suh

OLB - Von Miller

ILB/MLB - Luke Kuechly

CB - Patrick Peterson

SAFETY - Eric Berry /  Jamal Adams

Eric Fisher was a better OT Prospect, Chase Young was the start of this decade, not last decade.

QB: Luck
RB: Barkley
WR: AJ Green
TE: Hockenson
OT: Fisher
G: Nelson
C: Kelly? --- IDK
EDGE: Clowney
DT: Suh
LB: Devin White
CB: Patrick Peterson
S: Eric Berry

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Eric Fisher was a better OT Prospect

I disagree. That 2013 class was terrible as a whole, and there were legitimate debates right up until the draft on which of the Big 3 tackles would go first overall. 

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Chase Young was the start of this decade, not last decade.

Good point. 

• Like 1

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Saquon Barkley

WR: Amari Cooper

TE: OJ Howard

OT: Jedrick Wills

OG: Quenton Nelson

C: Garrett Bradbury

DE: Myles Garrett

DT: Ndamukong Suh

OLB: Isaiah Simmons 

MLB: Luke Kuechly

CB: Jalen Ramsey

FS: Derwin James

SS: Eric Berry

Edited by BleedTheClock

In terms of generalish consensus? From what I remember:

QB - Andrew Luck. Had everything you wanted except a rocket arm. Never really materialized to that Peyton Manning hype but similarly got close to zero help in Indy.

RB - Barkley, no question. Had zero significant flaws as a prospect. Is an elite RB already.

WR: AJ Green. Wowed with his leaping ability and hands. Everyone always said “best prospect since AJ Green” once he was taken, he’s that guy. 

TE: Hockenson. Close call here, Ebron had a lot of hype as an athletic tight end. Hock ultimately more well rounded, though. Had a bumpy year as a rookie but TEs come in with a steep curve. 

T: Toughest call. I’m actually going to lean Trent Williams - Fisher was right there with Joeckel, definitely not a clear call between the two. Matt Kalil and, despite going lower, Okung are in this debate too, I don’t think there’s an easy answer. An elite tackle for his entire career, T-Will was a great pick.

G: Nelson, but more debatable than others. Warmack was a hell of a prospect, but Nelson takes it here. Maybe the best guard in the league already. 

C: Maurkice Pouncey. Another prospect with only minor flaws, he was the top dog IMO. He’s underwhelmed compared to how he started his career, but ultimately a good pick.

DE (edge): Clowney. Debatable with Garrett regarding hype, but I think that’s largely because Garrett came second and Clowney underwhelmed as a pro. Clowney was an even freakier athlete and was considered a force of nature. Only ever lived up to that potential in small spurts as a Texan.

DT: Closer call than some make it out to be, but it’s Suh. Dareus isn’t getting brought up despite deserving mention IMO, but Suh takes the cake. An immovable object that’d destroy the pocket on every play. Suh was great for a while, but fell off and never really seemed disciplined as a pro.

LBer (edge): Definitely Von Miller. Basically Aaron Donald in a linebacker’s body. Uncanny strength for someone of his size and crazy explosiveness off the line. Big home run for Denver. 

LBer (off-LOS): Absolute coin toss between Kuechly and McClain. I actually think McClain had more hype but Kuechly was the better prospect, by a hair. McClain was a bonehead and never did more than flash as a great backer, while Luke was a DPOY and elite defender for most of his career. 

CB: Definitely Peterson. Had take-it-to-the-house playmaking ability that most didn’t have, while also being an elite athlete with great size. I don’t think anyone approached Peterson status, but Ramsey came closest. PP was overrated as an elite corner early in his career, but certainly became one after a few seasons. 

S: Eric Berry. The only thing I can remember anyone saying negatively about Berry is that maybe he was an inch shorter than you’d like from a perfect safety prospect. He could do everything and did so in the NFL. Injuries/illness are the only things that could slow him down.

I wanted to switch things up so I listed the top 2 guys for each position

QB: Andrew Luck and Joe Burrow

RB: Saquon Barkley and Ezekiel Elliot

WR: Julio Jones and AJ Green

TE: OJ Howard and TJ Hockenson

T: Eric Fisher and Trent Williams

G: Quenton Nelson and Zack Martin

C: Maurkice Pouncey and Ryan Kelly

DE: Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney

DT: Ndamukong Suh and Marcell Dareus

LB: Luke Kuechly and Devin White

CB: Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey