WELCOME TO THE NEW FF - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

CBears019

I'm James, I lurked for a few years but finally joined right before the board transition when I realized that actual football talk at my old stomping grounds, Reddit/r/chibears, had taken a permanent turn into the gutter of memes. I'm a college professor in Germany, which means I don't watch too many late games live. Lucky for me the Bears suck so they play a lot of early games.

Didn't much like sports of any kind growing up, but decided to make the effort to get into football so I could have something to talk about with my old man. That was the year the Bears went to the Super Bowl (which they cancelled for some reason that year), and I've been hooked ever since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHRedRookHH said:

I'm James, I lurked for a few years but finally joined right before the board transition when I realized that actual football talk at my old stomping grounds, Reddit/r/chibears, had taken a permanent turn into the gutter of memes. I'm a college professor in Germany, which means I don't watch too many late games live. Lucky for me the Bears suck so they play a lot of early games.

Didn't much like sports of any kind growing up, but decided to make the effort to get into football so I could have something to talk about with my old man. That was the year the Bears went to the Super Bowl (which they cancelled for some reason that year), and I've been hooked ever since.

What do you mean cancelled? They won superbowl xx and lost superbowl xli.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I posted as bringbackditka in the old forum and signed up with a new account.  Lifelong Bear fan.  I read often but rarely post.  Hopefully this new site will track read/unread posts better than the last one (one of the reasons I didn't come as often or post much).  

Good to see some familiar handles here

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Jim and I have been a life long Bears fan. I lurked on the old site for about a year and have taken the plunge. I have lived in sunny southern Spain for 20 years and Europe since 1985. Love it here because the sun shines most of the year. Hope to have lots of good chats and discussions regarding anything and everything Bears.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I'm Eric, 46 and used to play sick from church so I could watch Walter Payton and Doug Buffone on Sundays.  Two are my favorite things are the Bears and the draft so this is my favorite time of the year.  Unfortunately the draft is becoming more important than the playoffs for Bears but hopefully that will change soon.

8 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Hi I'm Eric, 46 and used to play sick from church so I could watch Walter Payton and Doug Buffone on Sundays.  Two are my favorite things are the Bears and the draft so this is my favorite time of the year.  Unfortunately the draft is becoming more important than the playoffs for Bears but hopefully that will change soon.

Welcome man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am Darryl.

I am from Winnipeg in Canada. I am a 33 year old teacher who works with refugee high school students.I am married with 2 kids. I played OL briefly in the CFL and my claim to fame is that in training camp in 2008 with the Allouttes my dorm room was across the hall from HC Marc Trestman. 

I came to the Bears about 16 years ago when a guy I played college football with Israel Idonidje made the team and have followed them ever since. Going to my first game in 2009 when I was done playing football.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2017 at 4:15 PM, DABEARSLCF04 said:

My names Nolan. 31 years old from Eatonia Saskatchewan eh, and been a die hard fan since 2003.

I built a Bears themed truck named the Excalibur. Its a 1990 Dodge 12 valve cummins,  here is a cupple pictures. Pickles the Destroyer is my dogs name lol.

th_IMG_20161105_105236_zpsrk9ibmhj.jpg

th_IMG_20170715_195057_514_zpszxsudb3k.j

Yikes, Saskatchewan.

To put that in perspective it is like the Nebraska of Canada. Flat land and hillbillies as far as the eyes can see.